Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #61
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hmmm....Ash is just one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of this Forum. Known for his excellent critique and simple honesty, not wild emotional assumptions or irrational evaluations of others. So now you know who he is.......
Regards!
why should i care, i can point out couple of things in this very thread that tells me whole different story about Ash but that is not relevant at all because i'm not here to impress anyone.

05-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Croc Quote
why should i care, i can point out couple of things in this very thread that tells me whole different story about Ash but that is not relevant at all because i'm not here to impress anyone.
I'll give you credit there! You are doing a great job of it! Remarkable really!
Regards!
05-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Regards!

05-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #64
Forum Member

Original Poster
Regards!
i'm way honest to act as if i aim to please and to try my best to fit in better
i always speak my mind, sure it might be in broken english but you never going to catch me playing some silly social games just to make sure i "impress" people, life is just too short for this.
I find it funny how everyone that is interested in issue posted here can contribute with some ideas but some people seem to just attack anyone that dare to point out anything that could be possibly not perfect in some way with pentax

05-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #65

Photos: Gallery
i always speak my mind, sure it might be in broken english but you never going to catch me playing some silly social games just to make sure i "impress" people, life is just too short for this.
I find it funny how everyone that is interested in issue posted here can contribute with some ideas but some people seem to just attack anyone that dare to point out anything that could be possibly not perfect in some way with pentax

I've noticed it's been this way since I became registered (3 years +). It just takes you by surprise when you actually realize it's not a fluke but the norm.

[ad hominem (Latin: "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a (negative) characteristic of the person advocating the premise. The ad hominem is normally described as a logical fallacy, but it is not always fallacious.]
05-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Nope, we just get tired of people making blanket statements about things that are "wrong" with Pentax, when most times the problems are with the complainers perception of how things should work. That's definitely what's going on here.
05-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been on both sides of the fence, and when Pentax is wrong I will be the first to squeal like a stuck pig, and have done plenty of it.
I like to go by the facts as presented by a large percentage of shooters.......the facts were at one point that the K5 had some severe AF problems in certain circumstances. Apparently, those shooters were right, and Pentax made a correction. Pretty much end of story.

I am no mind reader, so have no clue as to your motives here, good or bad, but I do have a clear view of the facts, and unlike the initial FF issues, those facts are not on your side and don't even come close to establishing a case for your views. It has nothing to do with personality, language skills, or Fanboyitis....it just has to do with the facts....where you are short by a landslide.
Best Regards!
05-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #68

People that just show up on an internet forum, and immediately start bad mouthing established members of the forum, have ZERO credibility in my (and I'm sure lots of others) mind. If you published your theory in a calm, logical manner, instead of DEMANDING answers, maybe you'd be taken seriously. Read a forum for a while, before you just jump in like you are the king. That is standard forum etiquette, which is something you obviously lack.

If you want help, you sure are going about it in the wrong way.

05-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #69
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

oh seriously, so far it was couple of people calling me things which i just ignored with small joke and NEVER did i call anyone anything in this thread
as for impressing you, who the hell are you that i should worry about impressing you? up yourself much?
as far i know this is pentax forum, i don't recall reading anywhere in rules that ONLY positive comments are welcome.....
"i take nuts over being delusional any time of the day" - if in jest, then that's fine, but the tone of writing throughout so far has been argumentative, not joculatory.

I don't mind you taking a shot at me, I might well be a nobody - and I'm as egalitarian as they come, mate. But if you don't have much respect for others' opinions if they do not agree with your own then you won't fare well. I too have given a good share of negative comments about Pentax gear - but would you be interested in finding that out before commenting? Where are your own posted examples showing what you claim to be K-5 AF flaws? Photos here, or it didn't happen.

QuoteQuote:
so you can have your "final word" on AF and i can't because it doesn't agree with yours? stop drinking all that bad water in qld
That snide remark is unnecessary and childish. We are free to disagree with each other - and you are free to express your opinions as much as you want on a free forum. Don't expect that everyone will agree with you since a good number of K-5 users cannot replicate your described issues.

qtopplings makes a fair comment. Good luck on your requests for assistance - and enjoy photography, with whichever system you choose to shoot in.

Last edited by Ash; 05-01-2011 at 05:09 PM.
05-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #70
Veteran Member

It was pretty obvious to me that the OP was a troll from the beginning, do you people have to keep biting his bait? Don't feed the trolls.

I only have a K-x and am happy with its AF, so can only imagine how much better a K5 would be.
05-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #71
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Nope, we just get tired of people making blanket statements about things that are "wrong" with Pentax, when most times the problems are with the complainers perception of how things should work. That's definitely what's going on here.
blanket statement? i provided detailed info, method how one could try to reproduce it, example pictures, tested with mulitple cameras and lenses yet i'm making blanket statement? and that is what definitely going on here? wow just BRAVO

QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote
People that just show up on an internet forum, and immediately start bad mouthing established members of the forum, have ZERO credibility in my (and I'm sure lots of others) mind. If you published your theory in a calm, logical manner, instead of DEMANDING answers, maybe you'd be taken seriously. Read a forum for a while, before you just jump in like you are the king. That is standard forum etiquette, which is something you obviously lack.

If you want help, you sure are going about it in the wrong way.
I been around for years on many photo forums and what? just because my post count is low my opinions are invalid? i'm not going to go around and clock up my post count before i post thread on issue i discovered.
I would tell you what you lack but i don't want to be rude

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
"i take nuts over being delusional any time of the day" - if in jest, then that's fine, but the tone of writing throughout so far has been argumentative, not joculatory.
i was called nuts and responded with joke, if you going to quote me do it right and don't remove the smilie.

I don't mind you taking a shot at me, I might well be a nobody - and I'm as egalitarian as they come, mate. But if you don't have much respect for others' opinions if they do not agree with your own then you won't fare well. I too have given a good share of negative comments about Pentax gear - but would you be interested in finding that out before commenting? Where are your own posted examples showing what you claim to be K-5 AF flaws? Photos here, or it didn't happen.
i posted link to examples, but thanks for this post it really shows how some people just blindly attack others

That snide remark is unnecessary and childish. We are free to disagree with each other - and you are free to express your opinions as much as you want on a free forum. Don't expect that everyone will agree with you since a good number of K-5 users cannot replicate your described issues.
i don't expect people to agree with me, dear me, way to miss the point, and who cannot replicate? nobody posted that they even tried my method to check for the issue and then some people that did use camera in same conditions mentioned that they did in fact seen something off as well but you seem to be too bussy attacking what i posted to notice that.

as for the water comment, well if it isn't the water then what is it?

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
It was pretty obvious to me that the OP was a troll from the beginning, do you people have to keep biting his bait? Don't feed the trolls.

I only have a K-x and am happy with its AF, so can only imagine how much better a K5 would be.
you got k-x, you posted nothing relevant to this thread but i'm the troll? love the "logic"

i will try to ignore further posts that are not related to the topic of this thread and are of ZERO value

Last edited by Croc; 05-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Croc, are you using a filter in front of your lens?

I am only asking because I had a lot of problems with blurry pictures on my A50mm f1.7 in broad daylight (manual focus, so I can't blame the camera :-( ), then I narrowed it down to me using a cheap filter in front of the lens, and bright light was bouncing between it and the lens causing the image to be smeared.
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #73
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Croc, are you using a filter in front of your lens?

I am only asking because I had a lot of problems with blurry pictures on my A50mm f1.7 in broad daylight (manual focus, so I can't blame the camera :-( ), then I narrowed it down to me using a cheap filter in front of the lens, and bright light was bouncing between it and the lens causing the image to be smeared.
hi Christine, I though of that as well so I tried without filter with same outcome, also i always buy good quality filters.
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #74
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

I been around for years on many photo forums and what? just because my post count is low my opinions are invalid? i'm not going to go around and clock up my post count before i post thread on issue i discovered.
I would tell you what you lack but i don't want to be rude
No-one's opinions are invalid regardless of post count mate.
You may not want to be rude, but could you possibly be patronising?

QuoteQuote:
i posted link to examples, but thanks for this post it really shows how some people just blindly attack others
I saw those examples from the beginning.
It's not enough to say to me that the K-5 has an AF problem - perhaps yours does though...

Bye.
05-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #75
Veteran Member

croc

mate you have pegged Ash in the wrong hole old son....if anything hes one of the more well rounded individuals at this forum..that has always kept a open mind to others problems..and not dismissed them as user error when others might..and is also keeps the same mindset when others like myself leave Pentax....and dont just tar us as whiners and say good riddance to us . ...hes always offered me great advise and been a good asset to bounce ideas off

the comment about the bad water in Queensland in well below the belt too mate IMHFO....