Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K5 shakes in Live View Mode

I was about to head out and take some photos and was walking through some of the settings - put the camera into live view mode and it began to noticeably shake. Looking through the screen objects where the camera pointed also shook. It was if the camera could not focus properly. I played with the focusing area (AF Point) - in single it shook - in auto it seemed to subside. I also tried turning shake reduction off - that didn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would be grateful for any advice. Camera is only 2.5 months old. Love it but hope this isn't another glitch to add to the list.

05-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is This what it's doing?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/141621-got-my-new-k5-but...ded-video.html

05-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was kinda hoping my issue was isolated to me and not another production issue. It certainly sounds like the issue I had. Do you happen to have a video of the issue or go into movie mode and record it.

I found for my situation it mostly happens when turning LV on, moving the camera around would help periodically not was never fully lasting. I ended up taking mine back to the store as I had the issue out of box and they ordered me a new one. I'm hoping to get it Mon/Tues.
05-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Yes - that is exactly what it is doing only the shaking is a little more pronounced. I will take it back and have them send it to Pentax

09-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Did you ever sent your K-5 to Pentax Repair due to this issue? My friends K-5 is doing the same. Wondering if they repaired it and if they told you what the issue was?

I noticed this only happens when you enter Live View the first time you power up the camera after inserting the battery. Subsequent power on off does not cause this, but if you leave off for a while and then power on it does it again.

Also happens when in sensor cleaning mode. I can see the sensor shaking.