Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Not quite pro level
Your abilities seem pretty impressive. I live surrounded by lots of big hills and very poor roads so don't cycle much.

My worry about cycling in the city was always about hoovering up too much diesel particulates and other crud, as much as the traffic dangers. I am however always rather inspired when I see cyclists regularly and fearlessly using some of Sydney's most congested (and heavy vehicle infested) roads. I feel such a wimp in comparison.

05-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
My worry about cycling in the city was always about hoovering up too much diesel particulates and other crud, as much as the traffic dangers. I am however always rather inspired when I see cyclists regularly and fearlessly using some of Sydney's most congested (and heavy vehicle infested) roads. I feel such a wimp in comparison.
It's certainly not for the faint-hearted, and it's not for everyone.

I guess I'm used to it, so it doesn't worry me. But I do know many experienced cyclists who won't go near highways, so no need to feel you are a wimp, you are in very good company.