Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-02-2011, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Somethings wrong!

Got my K5 about 3 weeks ago and as of last night tried it under all kinds of lighting conditions. No focus issues with any of my lenses, no softness issues either.

05-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #2

You got to show proof.

Most likely user errror.
05-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
Got my K5 about 3 weeks ago and as of last night tried it under all kinds of lighting conditions. No focus issues with any of my lenses, no softness issues either.
I can back you up as this has been my experience, too. Pentax can't get away with this!
05-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm totally down with this. Just did my first shoot with my new K-5. The LCD lies. The images are much better on the computer monitor than the LCD! What's up with that? All my other Pentax's are the other way. I don't get it.

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 05-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
Seems to be a bad copy. Bad beyond repair. I'm generously offering you $300 for it--you can only sell it for parts.
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Mine is the same way.....I tried to send it back but Otis said no way! We will just have to live with them and make our own defects if we want to be happy and post negative comments. I'm pretty much a Pro.....at making bad shots, so it won't be so hard for me......for you it might be more troublesome?
Best Regards!
05-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
You got to show proof.

Most likely user errror.
Shhh! probably he is lying, he can't show no proof, can he?

05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #8

Oh so refreshing. I have been staying away from PF for fear of reading too much... I will be buying the K-5 at some point, probably soon. This place can make the sky look so purple sometimes though.
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I'm totally down with this. Just did my first shoot with my new K-5. The LCD lies. The images are much better on the computer monitor than the LCD! What's up with that? All my other Pentax's are the other way. I don't get it.
I've noticed this myself. I've stopped deleting images that look blurry or OOF on the LCD, because more than a few times I get 'em in Lightroom and they're plenty sharp. I don't know if they have changed the way they scale the preview jpgs or what, but I looked at my K20D, and it doesnt' do that. Weird, but it's ok, now that I know.
05-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
I've noticed this myself. I've stopped deleting images that look blurry or OOF on the LCD, because more than a few times I get 'em in Lightroom and they're plenty sharp. I don't know if they have changed the way they scale the preview jpgs or what, but I looked at my K20D, and it doesnt' do that. Weird, but it's ok, now that I know.
You can count me in this group as well. There have been a few images I've taken at weddings and at a baby shower that looked OOF on the LCD but were superb in Photoshop. Exactly the opposite of my D300, and quite frankly preferable!

After a couple months of ownership, I don't regret switching from Nikon in the least.
05-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You clearly haven't tried shooting a fast moving subject without panning well or trying to capture a non-static subject handheld under putrid lighting conditions. THEN, maybe you'll find that your K-5 isn't as sharp as you thought it was...
05-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You clearly haven't tried shooting a fast moving subject without panning well or trying to capture a non-static subject handheld under putrid lighting conditions. THEN, maybe you'll find that your K-5 isn't as sharp as you thought it was...
Oh, that's a very good point. You mean all the blurry pix of little brown birds I created while trying to catch them flying are the K-5's fault? Whew! I was starting to think I was just incompetent at shooting small birds in flight!

When will Pentax acknowledge this blurry-little-brown-birds-in-flight problem and produce a *real* professional's camera? Outrageous!
05-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #13

Photos: Albums
jstevewhite: have you had problems capturing UFOs in flight aswell? I've tried like a million times, but all my pics turn out blurry and pixelated
05-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thorwb Quote
jstevewhite: have you had problems capturing UFOs in flight aswell? I've tried like a million times, but all my pics turn out blurry and pixelated
Well, duh! That's not yours or the cameras fault, that's the alien photo-blocking technology. How else would you explain our complete inability to get clear photos of those things?
05-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I'm too old to shoot fast.
These were taken with the K5 and DA16-45.
Attached Images