Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
That's an interesting take, twitch. I can't argue with that. Though I might say that the FA Ltds. have more interesting IQ, not necessarily always better. Depends on what you're going for. Plus, of course, not all DA*'s are zooms. I love my DA*55 almost as much as the trio, though I personally prefer their style.
I'll say that the DA*200 and DA*300 are pretty hard to beat.

Also, I had the FA77 and the DA*50-135, and the IQ from the 50-135 was close enough for me that I rarely used the 77 (plus, I was more into zooms). So I sold the 77 Ltd. I think the 77 was probably better, but IQ of the 50-135 was pretty darned good.

05-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
I'll say that the DA*200 and DA*300 are pretty hard to beat.

Also, I had the FA77 and the DA*50-135, and the IQ from the 50-135 was close enough for me that I rarely used the 77 (plus, I was more into zooms). So I sold the 77 Ltd. I think the 77 was probably better, but IQ of the 50-135 was pretty darned good.
Well, no doubt the 50-135 is a truly excellent zoom, I have no plans to replace mine. There are things about its IQ that are better than the 77, but I will still use the 77 whenever appropriate because of the sublime rendering.
05-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
That's an interesting take, twitch. I can't argue with that. Though I might say that the FA Ltds. have more interesting IQ, not necessarily always better. Depends on what you're going for. Plus, of course, not all DA*'s are zooms. I love my DA*55 almost as much as the trio, though I personally prefer their style.
I would agree with this. The DA * lenses are nice all around, but don't have the interesting "character" of the FA limiteds (this is mainly how they handle out of focus areas). In many situations, I prefer the DA * look, but not always.