Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Their website terms, which I read in detail, say all manufacturer accessories are included, and all items are new unless otherwise noted.

You get a 15% restocking fee for whatever reason the camera is returned, and you don't get to "try" it first then send it back - it must be an unopened box.
I don't care. They will still try to sell you 'needed' equipment and when you tell them no, it will become out of stock. Although not with this particular seller, I have been there, done that. Plus that restocking fee leaves your butt hanging out in many ways.

Unless like I said, the camera is a refurbished unit.

05-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Now that we have hijacked this Rupert, I do believe that Sandy was working with OTIS!
Attached Images

05-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #33

Abes of Maine, and 47th St Photo are two i have used in the past several times with no issues as well.
05-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought my K-5 through amazon.com warehouse deals...

Amazon.com: Used and New: Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR with 3-Inch LCD (Black Body Only)

I got a great price (under 1200) and there is no way for me to tell that this is a used camera.

05-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #35
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by ggeorge11 Quote
Now that we have hijacked this Rupert, I do believe that Sandy was working with OTIS!
When they get that look in their eye and a little grin on their tiny face, you know they are up to no good.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Otis keeps telling me that he has consulted with Adam and they are thinking of turning all of PF into a "Squirrel Only" site. Now I don't know if this is true, or just more "Otis Propaganda", but we will be ready if they do!

Best Regards!
05-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #36

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dmort Quote

Amazon.com: Used and New: Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR with 3-Inch LCD (Black Body Only)

I got a great price (under 1200) and there is no way for me to tell that this is a used camera.

Does that include full Pentax retail warranty?
05-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crossover37 Quote

Well I couldn't see a physical address. I wouldn't buy anything of value from a shop that has no physical address.

Even doing a WHOIS on teh URL turns up no address.

Place looks like a scam site to me.

05-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by dmort Quote

I bought my first K-5 through Warehouse Deals, and it had an obvious fault, a nonworking front settings thumb wheel. All the cameras in that category were returned by the first owners, so be ready to return yours if you buy from there. On the plus side, they refunded my money and the shipping cost to return it after only a week. When it was time to order my replacement camera, I didn't buy from Warehouse Deals. My advice is -- don't use Warehouse Deals for delicate and complex technical equipment, instead use it for things like luggage and rugs.
05-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #39

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Skymist Quote
I bought my first K-5 through Warehouse Deals, and it had an obvious fault, a nonworking front settings thumb wheel. All the cameras in that category were returned by the first owners, so be ready to return yours if you buy from there. On the plus side, they refunded my money and the shipping cost to return it after only a week. When it was time to order my replacement camera, I didn't buy from Warehouse Deals. My advice is -- don't use Warehouse Deals for delicate and complex technical equipment, instead use it for things like luggage and rugs.
Thanks Skymist, sounds like good advice. I think it's probably not worth it then to play the exchange game over what looks like only about $20 right now. Still, does anyone know if Pentax warranty would cover it? (might be useful info for someone else)
05-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tm01 Quote
Thanks Skymist, sounds like good advice. I think it's probably not worth it then to play the exchange game over what looks like only about $20 right now. Still, does anyone know if Pentax warranty would cover it? (might be useful info for someone else)
I did exactly that back when the sensor stain issue was front and center. I bought a Warehouse Deals K-5 for $160 less knowing full well it would have a stained sensor. When it arrived, I immediately shipped it off to Pentax for replacement under warranty.

The price difference was actually more substantial than the current scenario and I knew with certainty the camera would be replaced. I think the specific circumstance determines whether a WD camera is worth the risk
05-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #41
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.......Adorama will not cheat you, that has to be worth something...........
Thank you.........and if you ever need advice or after-sales support, I'm only an email away: Helen@adorama.com