Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K5 iso jammed

Sent my K5 back to CR kennedy in South Yarra it has sensor stains, been holding out till pentax resolved this, which I presume they have but what expedited this was I could not adjust the aperture as it would jump straight to ISO on manual. Switching the camera off or removing the Battery would not change this. any one else experienced this?

05-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Switching the camera off or removing the battery won't wipe any custom menu or shooting settings you may have accidentally set wrong.

To reset the shooting/playback etc settings to the defaults, Go to Menu > Setup menu 3 > Select 'Reset' - 'Returns to default settings', press OK.

To reset any of the custom functions you may have tweaked, go to Menu > C Custom Setting 4 > 'Reset Custom Functions' > press OK. Then restart your camera.

K-5 manual pages 335 and 336 relate.
05-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like your e-dial settings have been changed- check the last few pages of the custom function menus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
nothing was changed, and I dont use custom functions

05-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #5

the configuration of the dials isn't in the customs menus, so it's worth a try to see if it's been configured differently for some reason.
05-10-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
As the post says it has been sent off for replacement for sensor stains. I am the only one who touches my camera and no settings were changed if I wanted to change iso that would be done by pressing the iso button and using dial that way. When you first switch the K5 on the aperture is highlighted but as soon as you move it it jumps to iso. I had a K7 before this and never a problem.
05-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So is it your Aperture or your ISO that is jammed?
If Aperture, then go straight to the e-dial customisation menu - even if you haven't touched it before. Check it and ensure all the e-dials are doing what you expect them to do. Then flick out of the menu and go to your desired shooting mode to test the e-dial function out. Let us know how it goes.

If your ISO is jammed consider this:
Ensure you have auto ISO selected from the Info menu whilst you're in your Av or Tv mode.
Then make sure the top LCD indicates ISO AUTO - this is what ensures the camera automatically adjusts ISO according to the incident lighting. If not indicating ISO AUTO despite the Info status screen clearly indicating an Auto ISO range, then press the green button and you should see the AUTO part light up on the LCD.

05-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
I will let you know, if they let me know when I get the replacement K5 back, no Idea how long that will take though.
05-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just received info from CR kennedy sending replacment tomorrow, sensor stains and faulty electronics. Quick service turn around.
05-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

FYI the status screen should also show what the e-dials are doing, so you don't have to go into the menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
Nothing was indicating this on the status screen, I also had a few problems in live view. Never had a problem with my K7. I got one of the first 5's in Australia. I am sure the replacement will be fine fingers crossed.
05-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #12
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hope it's as you expect it to be also.
Let us know if you still have problems.
(perhaps now you can change your username to Osama Binfoundim... )
05-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
k5 has now been replaced but the serial number is lower than my stained k5 Cr kennedy told me they are reusing serial numbers any body else heard any thing about this?
05-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Reusing serial numbers?! Highly unlikely. If anything, they have refurb bodies they're sending out as replacements.
05-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hope it's as you expect it to be also.
Let us know if you still have problems.
(perhaps now you can change your username to Osama Binfoundim... )
or

Osama BinSwimmin'

Osama BinDivin'

I'll be here all day!