Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be willing to bet my truck that the guy has never shot a Pentax camera, much less the K-5. This reads like a CaNikon fanboy in sheeps clothing.

Mike

05-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Crazy review. When the K20 was released, it was the highest megapixel camera on the market (APS-C of course) until the Canon D50 was released, quite awhile later. The D7000 has the same sensor as the K5. Does that mean its trash? And what about the (only) 12 megapixel full frame senors that Nikon foists on unsuspecting professionals?

Anyway, if you want to switch brands, it really isn't that expensive. Generally, decent lenses can be sold for a small loss. You'd take a little bigger loss on the body, but even then, the K5 is new enough that it wouldn't be more than a couple hundred dollars. I don't see what is stopping him from switching to a greener pasture, unless, maybe he doesn't really own a K5 in the first place?
05-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #18
Pentaxian

The funny thing to me is that he seems blissfully unaware that Nikon and Pentax cameras often use the exact same sensors. He's fooling himself if he imagines Nikon manages to get different "gradients" than Pentax.
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #19
Forum Member

idiot

Its especially funny when he starts talking about how the 2 control wheel is such a poor design compared to earlier pentax cameras, whatever the hell that means. I have a hard time believing that is a genuine review.

05-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Crazy review. When the K20 was released, it was the highest megapixel camera on the market (APS-C of course) until the Canon D50 was released, quite awhile later. The D7000 has the same sensor as the K5. Does that mean its trash? And what about the (only) 12 megapixel full frame senors that Nikon foists on unsuspecting professionals?
That's true, then again... the K20D didn't make as much headway as we would have hoped in the resolution dept. in contrast to the K200D it seems At best, I'd say the K20 held its own in terms of IQ, however the improvements it brought to the Prosumer level of things is where I think the K20 made its biggest strides.

And to be honest, I'd love to fit the K-5 package into a K20D body. Then again, that likely because I've grown so used to using it.
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
Pentaxian

One of the few photographic skills I've mastered is turning a command dial without removing my eye from the viewfinder. Sometimes I can even push the ISO or EV button at the same time.

After reading this review by a guy with perfected technique, I'm ever so proud of myself. Maybe I'm qualified for a Canon 60D?
05-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
"When I would look closely at my pictures and compare them to the others, I would notice some glaring differences in quality. "Theirs" had much better quality color--more accurate, more total colors, and seamless transitions with color gradients."

Thats' a new one on me. I wonder why none of the reviewers have discovered that Pentax colours are inferior?

"Whereas my Pentax pictures had a soft look to them, "theirs" had a razor-sharp look, full of intricate detail."

Yeah, your photos are soft because of the camera. It has nothing to do with you, because you've perfected your technique.

As my dismay grew, I again couldn't help but notice one common theme with all the other good photographers: they used Canon or Nikon.

Another brilliant deduction. What a twat!
05-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #23
Inactive Account

I really want to respond that garbage, but I do not feel I have enough time behind My K5 to go at with him!

05-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ggeorge11 Quote
I really want to respond that garbage, but I do not feel I have enough time behind My K5 to go at with him!
Hell, I responded and I don't have a lot of time with mine

"Robby, I see your last name is "Wiener", is it pronounced anything like the "Oscar Mayer Wiener"? I am asking because you sure do sound like one."

-
05-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Obviously his head is so far up his butt he's looking at the last thing he swallowed.

Last edited by JeffJS; 05-12-2011 at 03:37 PM.
05-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I've added a comment, not entirely positive, to his review and noted that 0 out of 20 readers found his review helpful. So far. Today.

With some luck, perhaps we can get that to 0 out of 213? What's the Amazon record?

Oh, dear ......
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Mr. Weiner seems to have done a fine job of exposing himself. Now there are 4 very negative and intelligent responses to his review. And 0 of 24 did not find his review helpful... a figure that is rising at about 15 per hour by my rough calculation.

Last edited by speedoo; 05-12-2011 at 08:24 PM.
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ggeorge11 Quote
The biggest problem with posts like these(the review that is) is where this guy could very well be right when he goes on to say that he can't tell the difference between the K200D and a K-5.

Which isn't to say that it's true so much as it means he himself can't honestly see the difference between them.

What really sucks is when people like this go around convincing others that their feelings are empirical. Which will likely mislead others into thinking they know what their talking about.

On a more positive note, it looks like enough people have commented to this mini-review to set things straight
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #29
Veteran Member

it kinda makes you wonder, how do you shoot pentax SLRs for that long and not know how to work one correctly?
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #30
Inactive Account

0 for 27 and going fast!!!
Closed Thread