Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
I presume he took the image with his new canon?
That would explain it -- the new Can(ik)ons must surely have built-in software filters that remove Pentaxes from the RAW image. !!

05-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #107
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richardm Quote
When Pentax was finally making 10MP cameras, the others were making 12 & 14MP. Now that Pentax is making 16MP, the others are making 18MP and full-frames.

He loses ALL credibility with this comment. I'd be thrilled if the K5 were 12MP. Imagine the high-ISO IQ!
Apparently he is also not a very careful shopper and not particularly well-informed. My K10D was cutting edge with 10Mpx when I bought it.

Steve

(...camera bodies cause CA? )
05-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm sorry I came to this thread so late, it's been a very enjoyable read.
05-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #109

Dear unhappy K-5 user,
by the length of your post you are serious about your photography and disappointed with your camera. I think some of the the things you posted can be corrected when you learn more about your camera. There are tricks you can do with your camera to save settings and speed things up for your shooting. Typically if you compare Pentax dollar for dollar to Nikon and Canon you realize you are getting more value. The new K-r rivals camears that are twice the money or a third more. Compare the k-r to the Ti2 for example. The Pentax outperfomrs the Canon on many key aspects of the camera. Compare the noise, FPS, resolution and color match and the Pentax over all beats it. The Pentax costs less. The Canon is a nice camera and it has a bigger sensor. Why was it beat by the K-r. The k-5 is an excellent camera and even better for the money. There is and always will be a better camera. Sounds like you are at the point that you would like to get out of the camera rather than learn a little more about it. I am sure by your post you are experienced and have taken many great shots with your older camera. I bet you could find a buyer real easy for your K-5 if you sell it a little less than you paid for it. Plus we would all buy your old lenses. Then you could buy yourself a D3000.

The best to you,

David

05-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #110

"The controls are pretty similar to the older Pentax DSLRs, but I liked the older ones better. For example, until the K-5 you could delete all the photos in memory by pressing the "trash" key twice."

Having accidentally deleted all my photos on the K20D, I am very glad for any system that will make this more difficult to do.
05-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #111
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Face it, this is not about cameras, this is about Jerks and Fools. What is it that makes someone buy a Canon or Nikon and immediately become a photographic expert? Is that programmed into the sales pitch?
I try to be respectful to any shooter of any brand, and sure as hell expect the same, but too often find that Canonites and Nikonettes are not willing to concede that there are other cameras out there that perform wonderfully.

I ran across a guy the other day that had pumped me last year for information on digital cameras. I helped him all I could, and recommended the Kx for both price and excellent IQ as well as high ISO shooting.
So when I saw him again, he asked if I was still shooting Pentax? Yes, I just got a new K5, I replied. He then went on to tell me he had purchased a Nikon D5000 and hoped that I would get one too and become a Pro like he now was. Is it a combination or arrogance and ignorance...or is it just another case of "You Can't Fix Stupid"?

I let his ignorance go....it was obvious that he was beyond reason or common sense, but in earlier years I would have shoved his little toy camera.......

Best Regards
05-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think that we Pentaxians do not brag about our cameras. Now that you mentioned, the Pentax Kx is one of the best cameras ever. I bought two. I liked it so much, that it is the camera of my choice. Weight by weight, and benefit by benefit, it beats the competition by far.

05-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
I think that we Pentaxians do not brag about our cameras. Now that you mentioned, the Pentax Kx is one of the best cameras ever. I bought two. I liked it so much, that it is the camera of my choice. Weight by weight, and benefit by benefit, it beats the competition by far.
I can't say I don't brag on my Pentax cameras, I have been well pleased with my K20D for several years, and have found it both adequate and extremely durable. If I said I don't brag on my K5, a hundred posters would jump in and crucify me, as would be deserved.

What I am saying is that I don't go around knocking other shooters gear without being enticed by their arrogance and ignorance. Why is it that they are so lacking in self confidence that their camera has to speak for "who they are"?

BTW- One friend that followed my advice and got the Kx thanks me every time I see him. He is also a new shooter, and finds it simply amazing.

Best Regards!
05-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This really is a friendly forum where gang bangings occur on daily basis. I immensely enjoy it. This forum will not be the same without it.
05-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
This really is a friendly forum where gang bangings occur on daily basis
Gang Bangings - funny, we are just "Straight Up Pentax Gangsta's"...

---
05-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #116
Inactive Account

Pentax on paras ja K-5 on Kuningas. Canonit voi polttaa roviolla.
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #117
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Pentax on paras ja K-5 on Kuningas. Canonit voi polttaa roviolla.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
He then went on to tell me he had purchased a Nikon D5000 and hoped that I would get one too and become a Pro like he now was. Is it a combination or arrogance and ignorance...or is it just another case of "You Can't Fix Stupid"?
Right on both accounts Rupert.
Our humanly sense of pride puffs up quickly and deflates reluctantly when we think we've got the tools that makes sparks fly and all the chicks dig...

Until the end result is what matters to a photographer, he/she will be lost in a cycle of gear faggotry that is just so unbecoming...

Last edited by Ash; 05-15-2011 at 01:00 AM.
05-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Gang Bangings - funny, we are just "Straight Up Pentax Gangsta's"...

---

But, this is what makes this forum what it really is. The same set of guys, just banging away to oblivion. This one was even unsolicited. I love it. Just cannot get enough of it.
05-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
But, this is what makes this forum what it really is. The same set of guys, just banging away to oblivion. This one was even unsolicited. I love it. Just cannot get enough of it.

Not so! I am not part of a Gang....I like to bash and bang on my own, snipe away from a vantage point, and skin them alive when they least expect it. Nothing against the Gang here, they do a great job, but I like to work the edges and demolish anything they leave behind. Whatever is left, if anything, is then turned over to Otis for the most inhumane of treatment........It's perfectly legal, since Otis in not human.
Best Regards!
05-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the review is gone, can't find it on Amazon.
Closed Thread