Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
If that is really him Newmikey,I have to say some of his images aren't half bad, Though many of them exhibit common compositional faults.
Look at the way he introduces himself on Amazon and then look at his Flickr profile...it's him.

05-13-2011, 05:55 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeztastic Quote
Surely this guy is a troll? I mean, Bob Weiner? I mean, I do sometimes hear genuine American names that I think sound fake... But Weiner? I think we all just took his bait, his probably posting his scores on 4chan or something...
We have a Congressman from New York named Anthony Weiner. There is also a right-wing radio talk show host who goes by the name Michael Savage, his real name is Michael Weiner. He is not allowed into your country.
05-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
We have a Congressman from New York named Anthony Weiner. There is also a right-wing radio talk show host who goes by the name Michael Savage, his real name is Michael Weiner. He is not allowed into your country.
This guy is called Wiener, not Weiner
05-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
This guy is called Wiener, not Weiner
So he forgot that it's "I before E except after C unless your ancestors were German".

05-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #65
Inactive Account

Obviously a #troll...
05-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #66
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crossover37 Quote
I believed I was good enough to be competitive with just about anyone out there, and was comparing my pictures very critically with the best.
This is when I started laughing and continued until the end of the rave. I'm still chuckling.
05-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #67
Veteran Member

He has apparently wised up and pulled his review.

05-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or, he will pull it and repost it to start it from scratch again...
05-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Or, he will pull it and repost it to start it from scratch again...
As sad as this sounds, It is likely to be true.
Oh well... on a more positive note, it was entertaining to read
05-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
If he does, I'll comment on it again. Just because it's fun.
05-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #71
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I really don't care what some guy thinks when it is obvious he knows nothing about the K5 or most likely anything else....
I also don't care what he shoots with...if he shoots at all? I have found that even Nikon and Canon shooters feel that they are 3-5 generations behind others that have instituted in body SR. They feel cheated...mainly because they are. Lightning fast focus will never get you this shot with no SR if you are using an unstabilized lens.....and Canon and Nikon shooters know it. We all have many hundreds of shots we got and they didn't.....so how many generations ahead is that? Sure, you can buy expensive stabilized lenses.....but we don't have to. That's Nikon/Canon progress?
Regards!

1/20 Hand held 500MM f6.7 Sigma 50-500

05-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #72
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
it is a (random) user review on a reputable site, which does not moderate reviews afaik. as you said, does anybody honestly fall for such a review? unfortunately there are people who will, and for those people the battle is lost already (so you are wasting your time). for people who fall for lame sales pitches, who will always buy the most popular brand and so on, being worried about what such reviews will lead them to believe is ridiculous, for those people who can do their homework and know what a camera is and how it works, worying is also ridiculous, because those are the people who post negative replies to such a review: no need to worry about them .

that was my point. it's just a madman screaming random words with no meaning. why stop and tell him he's wrong? it's not even true, he's not wrong, he's not making any sense, and nobody cares
It was more than a "random" review. Amazon advertised it as the "most helpful" critical review (only because it was the ONLY critical review). So, until his review was commented upon very thoroughly and countered, and before 60+ readers voted it "not helpful", it was sitting there prominently, with all it's nonsensical issues.

Then this thread came along and promoted the response, and now the review has been pulled. The truth has come out.

And you really have a problem with that?
05-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Thinking about it, I wonder if there is an algorithm implemented in amazons comments system that automatically truncates a comment if it reaches a certain amount of responses, and once this number is met, the negative "not helpful" reaches a certain percentage of the total responses. For amazon, this would be a logical thing to do from a business standpoint...

-
05-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #74
Veteran Member

It was at nil to 80 on the helpfulness chart an hour and a half ago. Love to know what the final score was .......
05-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(disclaimer: I've never held a k-5, I can't comment on it at all)

Do you think the obvious pile-on here, which will last indefinitely as opposed to the one bad review already pulled, helps the Pentaxian cause?

Note I said Pentaxian, not Pentax. The cameras are what they are. The shooters, on the other hand...
Closed Thread