Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2011, 05:55 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
As several have stated, there are still a few outstanding bugs. Here are the ones that I would like to see fixed:
- periodic freezing
- continued AF improvements
- PTTL exposure problems
- Overly aggressive red channel exposure

And in terms of features I'd like to see added:
- Manual video mode (of course!)
- Video user modes
- CF focus during video recording (don't know if this is technically possible given the K-5's processor power, etc.)
- Option to set intervalometer based on shutter close/or open (currently only shutter open is available, meaning that exposures get skipped if their length exceeds the interval)
- per-channel exposure adjustment (related to the red channel exposure problem mentioned above)

05-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not sure if a firmware modification could change that, but I'd really love to see brighter info in the viewfinder, to make it easier to read in daylight.
05-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am waiting for the following firmware fixes:

- ability to play Doom ... or maybe Angry Birds

- fixes all my manual focusing errors and motion blur after the shot is taken

- enable touchscreen on the LCD

- connect to the iPhone App Store

And if Pentax doesn't include any of the above in the next firmware release, I think the company is DOOMED and I will sell all my gear and buy Canon.
05-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Koko Videon poistaminen K-5.
Ei ole todellista tarvetta koko videolle.
Oikeita videokameroita on jo tarpeeksi mailmalla.

05-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #20
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
As several have stated, there are still a few outstanding bugs. Here are the ones that I would like to see fixed:
- periodic freezing
- continued AF improvements
- PTTL exposure problems
- Overly aggressive red channel exposure

And in terms of features I'd like to see added:
- Manual video mode (of course!)
- Video user modes
- CF focus during video recording (don't know if this is technically possible given the K-5's processor power, etc.)
- Option to set intervalometer based on shutter close/or open (currently only shutter open is available, meaning that exposures get skipped if their length exceeds the interval)
- per-channel exposure adjustment (related to the red channel exposure problem mentioned above)
These are good suggestions.
I see the bold ones quite easily implementable, and worth mentioning to Pentax Support. I've done so already, but the more Pentax gets these emails, the more likely it will happen.
05-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeChuck Quote
I'm not sure if a firmware modification could change that, but I'd really love to see brighter info in the viewfinder, to make it easier to read in daylight.
I have been asking for this ever since I purchased the K10D, even written a letter about it directly to PENRAX Japan. No reply. As I see it, it should be a perfectly simple feature to build into any camera. Like a little potentiometer knob somewhere on the body so you can in- or decrease the brightness as required. (At night I often see the need to decrease brightness of the green info)

For me it would be one of the most useful feature particularly since I am a spectacle user. Stray light coming in from the side at low sun makes the green info totally unreadable. Tried an eye cup but doesn't work with glasses. I still live in hope, maybe one day.

Greetings
05-15-2011, 03:31 AM   #22

my favourites for the next FW updates

There are several FW improvements which would be very welcome.
My selection is:

- further AF improvements
  • predictive PD-AF for contin. shooting
  • auto zoom on/off selection for CD-AF
  • faster and better CD-AF
  • save PD-AF fine tune values in User Mode (1-5)
- correct bounce flash too bright problem
- add a medium burst mode
- mark image in EXIF data with stars (1-5) by Fx-button + rear dial (for one or continuously)

Didn't see the bold ones elsewhere.