Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
A Lenses

I have just started playing with my new silver K5

I have come across one minor problem though. I tried out the Pentax 200/2.8 A lens I and the results seem good. However, I have noticed in the exif data etc that the body is saying that it is a 35mm lens not a 200!

Although it doesn't affect the pictures, there could be an effect on the SR or program line. Is there anyway of overiding this and "telling" the body it is in fact a 200mm lens?

Kim

05-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Col
Veteran Member

I should have thought it is picking up the focal length you keyed in for SR. The camera should be asking you when you power it up with an "A" lens on. Switch it off and on and see the FL it is starting from. I've a few shots at 550 & 800
05-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, I am to used to the film bodies!

Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
I should have thought it is picking up the focal length you keyed in for SR. The camera should be asking you when you power it up with an "A" lens on. Switch it off and on and see the FL it is starting from. I've a few shots at 550 & 800
05-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #4

Go to camera menu #4, at the bottom, "Input Focal Length" to override any wrong assumptions the camera makes about your lens.

05-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Skymist Quote
Go to camera menu #4, at the bottom, "Input Focal Length" to override any wrong assumptions the camera makes about your lens.
that changes a default and is fine if he only has 1 old lens, but if he has a bag full of them the variations will need to be declared when he turns the camera on. I"ve been of the impression that besides putting a falsehood in EXDIF it was relevant to the optimal functioning of the Shake reduction.