Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The memory card's easy to get out, just press it in and it'll pop out to where you can grab it - same as most other SD card devices.

Agree about the SR switch and mode dial though. I'd use a physical SR switch much more than I use the AF point selector (almost never; I'd only need it on a tripod and then I usually manual focus, often with live view). I've been using the K5 for months and still roll my eyes when I have to press the mode dial button, it gets in the way of the flow.

What I'd really like (apart from movie mode stuff) is a quick way to check & change the focal length for SR that's currently set. I have a lot of images with the wrong FL in the exif, which means the SR was possibly doing more harm than good.

05-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I'll chime in and agree with most here that the mode dial lock and the card ejection are non-issues for me. I will agree with the OP, however, on the SR switch, or lack thereof. I know there are work-arounds, but a simple switch is so easy and quick to flick. I do quite a bit of tripod work, but I prefer to use a corded remote rather than the timer delay. I would love to be able to flip that switch when I mount up. Making that an available function for the Raw/fx button would have sufficed, too.
05-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
AstroDave's complaints are not silly. It depends on user habit.

- I almost never remove the SD card, so I'm okay with getting out forceps when needed.
- I use the timer when tripod mounted, so the lack of anti-shake switch is not a big problem.
- I've never had the mode dial move accidentaly, but imagine it could happen.
05-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Picky, picky picky! For those that are just never satisfied, no problem, she took her Snickers Bar and went home!
[IMG] [/IMG]

For those that are hell-bent on making removing the SD card difficult, you can order this on Amazon....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

05-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
IMGP3105-700 by Rupert2009, on Flickr
Hmm.. Motion blur?