Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #1

Diopter Confusion Re the K5- Help Needed

I'm seriously considering purchasing the K5.
One of my few remaining concerns is the diopter adjustment.
I wear 2.75 reading glasses and I have a question as to whether the range of diopter adjustment on the K5 will be sufficient to correct for my eyesight without having to wear my glasses. The range on the K5 is from -2.5 to +1.5. On my present camera it's from
-3 to +1.
Additionally, unlike Canon and Nikon, Pentax doesn't appear to offer diopter correction viewfinder attachments.
I never fully understood the relationship of reading glasses levels to diopter adjustment.
Then again Physics was never my best subject!
Anyway, help appreciated.
MP

05-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have +2.25 in reading glasses, but my K-5 doesn't even have to be set all the way to the +1.5 stop. If the viewfinder in your current camrea works for you with a max. seting of +1, so will the K-5.
05-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax does offer diopter correction attachments.
PENTAX Diopter Correction Lens Adapter M - Photographic/Pentax Accessory Database - Flash, Grip, Camera Bag Reviews
However I think they are hard to get these days, so hopefully you won't need any.
05-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I have +2.25 in reading glasses, but my K-5 doesn't even have to be set all the way to the +1.5 stop. If the viewfinder in your current camrea works for you with a max. seting of +1, so will the K-5.
Agreed. I can easily adjust my diopter for my vision, and I passed +2.5 reading glasses a while back.