Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yea, the pentax is a great camer and one i used until the K-5 arrived. Now I keep it in my bag ready for an emergency. Great camera's Pentax now have in MHO.

05-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #17
Forum Member

Thanks for the shutter sound heads up. Definitely getting it to replace my Kx ->VERY SOON<-.
05-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #18

Talk about shutter sounds...
05-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #19
Forum Member

Watched almost all the videos on youtube with k5 shutter sound. It didnt sounded like that at all. Could be the table acoustic effect and naked shutter

05-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaieger Quote
When the K-5 first came out ... It's damn amazing.
I was happy with my K-x right up to reading this. Darn you! Darn you to Heck.
05-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Been there, done that, used to have K-x, now only K-5. 'nuf said.

Great write up.
05-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hide Quote
Watched almost all the videos on youtube with k5 shutter sound. It didnt sounded like that at all. Could be the table acoustic effect and naked shutter
Yeah, when I was buying my k-5, I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't find a good video that illustrated just how quiet the shutter was...

QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
I was happy with my K-x right up to reading this. Darn you! Darn you to Heck.
The arrival of new technology says the old is rather crappy. Upgrade. Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. ;D

In seriousness, the K-x is still a great camera, and if it's doing what you want it to do without a hitch, there's no reason it can be your thing for a while to come (but now my bby's taken that from my k-x ^__^)

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Been there, done that, used to have K-x, now only K-5. 'nuf said.

Great write up.
Thanks!

Added something to OP - my momentary considering changing systems

05-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I also went for m a Kx to the K5 and I everything you wrote I could not agree more. What started as a hobby for me has turned into a weekend task list. I used my Kx for shooting pictures of several vineyards, and they use the photos for websites, and other promotional material. I was always fussing with the Kx to get that one great shot for them. You go from sunlight vines, to a tastinroom, that is lit with tungston light, then off to the barrels, and it is dark and cold. The Kx would do it, but I fiddled with the control, worring about the ISO. I have only had the chance to shoot at one vineyard so far, but the K5 just breezed through it. So now as soon as I get back from my business trip, I am going to use 2 of the user modes. One for the tasting rooms, and the other for the storage area. Since I do alot of macros, ISO is not an issue. I am able to just slap the Tamron 90mm macro on, set my Aperture to F/11-16 and fire away. I will keep the Kx for some shooting, but the K5 is just plain awesome!
05-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ggeorge11 Quote
I also went for m a Kx to the K5 and I everything you wrote I could not agree more. What started as a hobby for me has turned into a weekend task list. I used my Kx for shooting pictures of several vineyards, and they use the photos for websites, and other promotional material. I was always fussing with the Kx to get that one great shot for them. You go from sunlight vines, to a tastinroom, that is lit with tungston light, then off to the barrels, and it is dark and cold. The Kx would do it, but I fiddled with the control, worring about the ISO. I have only had the chance to shoot at one vineyard so far, but the K5 just breezed through it. So now as soon as I get back from my business trip, I am going to use 2 of the user modes. One for the tasting rooms, and the other for the storage area. Since I do alot of macros, ISO is not an issue. I am able to just slap the Tamron 90mm macro on, set my Aperture to F/11-16 and fire away. I will keep the Kx for some shooting, but the K5 is just plain awesome!
Your first sentence mirrors my sentiments exactly. It just sucked the life out of shooting for me, and I'm glad to see I'm not alone
05-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
The only bad thing about the K5 that I can find is, If I wind up with some bad shot, I can only blame myself, not the camera.
05-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hide Quote
Thanks for the shutter sound heads up. Definitely getting it to replace my Kx ->VERY SOON<-.

This is one of about half dozen shots I took of these guys, and even though I was standing pretty close they never noticed me taking photos. I reckon it was not because they were absorbed in the game but they simply did not hear the shutter of my K5 go off. In my experience a loud shutter noise always spooks people. (As I often observe when my friend's CANON goes off ) I love my K5 for this reason alone.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 07-24-2011 at 11:43 PM.