Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pictures showcased on Gatorade Site

Got a few of my pictures posted on the Gatorade Freeflow Site, I had them tag the images with my name and "Shot With Pentax" to show some love to our brand.

Check them out, not the greatest of pictures, but pretty descent considering shooting without flash in the harshest and crappiest lighting conditions imaginable then compressed on gatorades side for bandwidth purposes. Images were shot with the K5 and K-X (all I think with around 4000-ISO); my images are 8-16 on the image viewer.

Link Here:

Charm City 2011 - Skate Park

----------

05-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats. Not to shabby considering the conditions. Be proud
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Crowd Shot (#8): K-X w/ 8mm Samyang FE, ISO-3200
All others: K5 w/ DA 35mm @ 2.8, ISO-4000

Shot a few others with the Viv'ee 85mm 1.4, they will be posting all of the submitted pics up on their facebook page. The one pic with the "Gatorade Wall" they will be posting on the front page of the site later this week on the main image rotator.

Feeling good that the first set of pics was shot by someone else with a canon using a hot shoe flash and essentially my pentax pics came out much better without a flash, goes to show the quality of our equipment and the possibilities pentax equipment gives us

----
05-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the look without flash, it's more like being there.

05-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ya, that was the whole goal making it look natural - as you see it is how it is in there. Extremely tough shooting in there, lighting is extremely poor and very inconsistent as there is different lighting all over positioned at different levels. I have struggled quite a bit over the years in there and it seems the K5 performs really well considering the conditions.

I think the FA 31 1.8 (which I do not have yet) coupled with the K5 may be the ultimate shooting rig in that place...
05-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice shots. Great to be able to shoot at those ISO's and still get clean shots. I've sure been enjoying it. THe shots are a bit dark, I wouldn't have hesitated to crank it even a bit higher and get a little more light into the shots.

Just wondering, but I hope Gatorade paid for those photo usages...