Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Auto ISO in P Mode?

Hi all -- I finally bit the bullet and replaced my trusty *ist DS with a shiny new K-5. Wow, what a great camera! I foolishly let my girlfriend use it to take some pictures at my daughter's play a few weeks ago and it was all I could do to pry it back out of her hands! (She's already decided that she NEEDS one too!)

On to my question. Does the Auto ISO function work in P mode? And if so, how? On my camera, I have to manually change the ISO when using P, is this the way it is supposed to work? If not, can I change it to Auto? I do have Auto ISO selected in the menu and I've tried various ranges (I have it set to 100-3200 at the moment).

Thanks in advance!

Doug

05-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When you push the ISO button and have it selected then push the green button.

After this: either give the camera to your girlsfriend or RTFM
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went through a phase also of not knowing how to get auto ISO to work for me on the semi-auto modes. Then I realised ISO and WB were independent of any auto settings you may have the camera on, and so need to be told to go to auto separately for this to work.

You will notice that once you've pressed the ISO button the arrow will appear next to the ISO, then pressing the green button you'll get the AUTO lighting up, indicating it's back on, press the ISO button again to lock it in and you're set to go.
05-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Ash, that worked!

05-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In Av and Tv, all you have to do is push the Green button in order to enable Auto ISO. If you press the ISO button and turn the rear dial, regardless of auto or not, it will go back to Manual ISO.