Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #61

Ordered mine yesterday from Amazon (one of their affiliates). Body only, $1260 US including shippinig. I was waiting for almost two months for a local shop to get them, and e-mail me, but the e-mail never came....

07-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whatever it takes....I stand by my original post in this thread. The K5 is a game changer, not just an upgraded camera. Get one and get it now, you won't regret it and price will mean nothing after a short set of shots with the K5.
It still carries the Otis Guarantee...the only camera in the world with this prestigious distinction. Have you ever seen a more honest looking Squirrel than Otis? He will look you right in the eye and promise you will love your new K5!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #63

Buy now?

Has the pesky shutter stutter problem been fixed yet? I don't want to buy a $1,000+ camera and have to send in in for repairs right away. What is the latest news on this issue?
07-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hide Quote
What sort of problems does the K5 has that needs packing it back?

I'm sure I'll be getting a K5 coming 2 weeks but I'm not personally there to test it so now I'm worried
Don't worry, remember what somebody else stated above. People usually post when they've had a problem. They don't post when they haven't had a problem. Forums like this are client service centres for returns or dissatisfied customers. There is a much bigger group of very satisfied owners (no scientific statistical testing was used in arriving at this conclusion). To put it another way, when was the last time you sent a message to the manufacturer of your car, or TV or whatever to say it worked find today? Also, busy forums draw from the whole planet. So you may well be reading about a large percentage of world of Pentax users who have had problems. It's likely a small percent of total owners. You know with a post like this, who would guess that I failed my first statistics course?

I was at the camera store looking at the K-5 today. Just for yuks I said can I also see the comparable Nikon. He brought over the Nikon D7000. It was actually cheaper. Even in the store I could tell that the Nikon focused faster. However it was such a big clunky thing. Anyway they should have my K-5 in tomorrow.

07-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #65
Site Supporter

I've had mine since March, and couldn't be happier with it. Superior to my K20D in so many ways, although I'm keeping the K20 as a backup. Zero problems so far.
07-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Whatever it takes....I stand by my original post in this thread. The K5 is a game changer, not just an upgraded camera. Get one and get it now, you won't regret it and price will mean nothing after a short set of shots with the K5.
It still carries the Otis Guarantee...the only camera in the world with this prestigious distinction. Have you ever seen a more honest looking Squirrel than Otis? He will look you right in the eye and promise you will love your new K5!
[/url] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
Otis looks just like I used to look when waiting for my K20 to find focus.
07-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #67
Site Supporter

My K5 just arrived

I just received my K5 from Prodigital2000. I got it for $1,000.00 Canadian and this price included free shipping. It was an open box. I have been waiting almost a year for the price to drop down to that level and finally got lucky. The box had been opened to show the contents to a customer and that was it. Everything was still in sealed bags. Got the full 2 year North American warranty. Really looking forward to testing the ISO range for some great low light shots.
07-04-2011, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #68
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Glen Quote
Otis looks just like I used to look when waiting for my K20 to find focus.
Yeah, he was posing for an "action" shot....he is still not used to the K5 and doesn't realize that we now have speed and accuracy we never had before!

He used to be able to catch a nap while waiting for focus......he misses that, I'm sure?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

07-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #69
Forum Member

Rupert, did you shoot (photographic way) the entire squirrel population around your area

Just wondering what lens is that? My guessing it is not any of the DA*...
07-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hide Quote
Rupert, did you shoot (photographic way) the entire squirrel population around your area

Just wondering what lens is that? My guessing it is not any of the DA*...
There are 10,000 squirrels. All called Otis
07-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just crossed the 50.000 clicks with my K-5's (but that is combined for first K-5 with stains that is returned and my current black and Silver body's) and they still didn't exploded. So it is safe to say that you can buy a K-5 and enjoy it!
07-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #72

Thanks to Glen and others for pointing out that problems brought up in forums frequently. It makes sense that people want to find solutions. I'm putting the K-5 on my "To Buy' list. Now I need to figure out how to explain to the Bank why they won't be getting a house payment next month...
07-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jabax Quote
Thanks to Glen and others for pointing out that problems brought up in forums frequently. It makes sense that people want to find solutions. I'm putting the K-5 on my "To Buy' list. Now I need to figure out how to explain to the Bank why they won't be getting a house payment next month...
Mail them a photo of the cash.
07-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #74

Photos: Albums
I should stop using the word "buy" and rather use

"to get in touch with" or "get personal with"

because this was what happened to me

and its getting worse it is addictive.... !
07-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do you K-5 owners really think this is a camera that is the game changer and could actually last as long as film bodies? I have a K-5 in a shopping cart but ugh.. i need some encouragement to click buy!