Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #1

TAV - green button P line NOT WORKING

Hi folks,

Any help with this would be appreciated.

When in Tav mode If I hit the green button I am under the impression that the P Line is supposed to change but I do not see anything happen.

I have the following settings in TAv : front e dial = shutter speed, rear e dial = Aperture, green button = P line

Where should it display that the P line has changed if it actually has ?
How would I know what P line i am in ?

05-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Forum Member

Can it be the P Line is to reset ur ISO in TAV mode but not shutter speed and aperture?
05-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deadprez Quote
When in Tav mode If I hit the green button I am under the impression that the P Line is supposed to change but I do not see anything happen.
That's not what the green button does.

"P Line" means it will set the aperture and shutter speed to whatever your currently selected "Program Line" says they should be set to for a given scene. Basically it will give you whatever settings switching to P mode would have given, with one crucial difference: in TAv mode, it will always use settings that give you base ISO, no matter what. This is pretty dumb if you ask me (e.g. 0.5s, f/1.4, ISO 80 is not a good way to shoot a night scene). A lot more logical would be for it to give you exactly what P mode would have given you with auto-ISO, but that's just the way it is.

In M mode, it does the same thing, except that it will stick with whatever ISO you've selected.

Last edited by Cannikin; 05-29-2011 at 11:31 PM.
05-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #4

Original Poster
So really green button in TAv mode is useless

If i understand it correctly whatever P-line is set for the last time you where in P mode will be selected in TAv but it will drop your ISO to 80.

I was curious why the ISO was dropping to 80 ...

Thanks for taking time to explain this ... big help !