Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Nope - but reading the specs - its only a 320 * 240 LCD Screen - or 230k Pixels.

The built in LCD on the rear of the camera is 640 x 480 - or 921k Pixels.

So the transmitted image will be at least HALF the resoloution you see on the rear of the Camera... Not to mention, if you want to be able to pan the image - you have to use the CCTV mode via the Viewfinder - the AV out mode doesn't allow zooming etc (on this device - not the camera)...

Haven't used one as I said - but on specs alone it sounds pretty average.... and definately a step backwards from using the LV on the rear of the camera - Besides being "Remote".

Also note that it uses 2.4Ghz - along with every other wireless device known to man these days. So much like your video senders at home - if you live in an area with lots of Wireless activity and other 2.4Ghz devices.. then your range can often be severely curtailed...

08-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cofra Quote
Has anyone tried this one?

LV-W2 Wireless Live View Remote Pentax K-5 K-7 K-20 K10 | eBay

Regards, Christian
From what I read, it's intended purpose is for wildlife/spy photography with a camouflaged camera and remote triggering.
Also, it is unclear what they mean by AV output and if the Pentax cameras have it (they do if they mean composite out). They only assert that the trigger is compatible with Pentax. And don't use hdmi.
08-03-2011, 05:41 AM   #63
Banned

That should work. It uses the camera pc-out and triggers with the cable remote, so no functioning on K-m/K-x/K-r. Don't expect a miracle. It is also used for sports for the second camera set next to a field.

I did mention it in this thread:
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Maybe this is an alternative. Don't expect a miracle, but it is liveview from a distance:
Hahnel Innovative Accessories

http://www.hahnel.ie/contentFiles/genericProducts/inspire_comp_72(2).jpg?uid=1283935670461

You need for Pentax to buy the Canon version. It works.
08-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for your answers guy. I found this review written on a blog, it doesn't say anything about how it fits Pentax but it's a bit more info from a user:

Frontal Lobbings: Review: Pixel Enterprises - Pixel Expert Wireless Live View Remote Control

08-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I did mention it in this thread:
Thanks. Yes, it just seems to need a standard video feed (yellow cinch).
The Hähnel seems to be the smarter device too (less bulky etc.).
08-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #66
Banned

Found the producer: http://www.pixelhk.com/Proshow.aspx?id=111 It does look like a good product.
08-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
The Zacuto ZFinder/EVF is where I am heading when I get an extra $750 or so. FYI the Zacuto website is horrible, so don't go there.

Zacuto Z-Finder EVF Z-FIND-EVF B&H Photo Video
You don't need a 3" screen, there is already one on the K-5...

The Hoodman hoodloupe is cheaper and does the same for $79 ($189 with holder) :

08-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
Composite is an option, but the main issue is that with Pentax cameras, using composite does not turn off the camera's screen. I sent an email to Pentax USA about that and they didn't even bother responding. Kind of frustrating because there are a lot of cheap composite input screens around.
I don't think composite is an option. At least I wasn't able to use composite for shooting video. It works fine with photos, but when I switched to video, I got no signal.
08-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by odyn Quote
I don't think composite is an option. At least I wasn't able to use composite for shooting video. It works fine with photos, but when I switched to video, I got no signal.
You are right. I just checked the K-5 and K-7. No output in video mode, I'll edit my initial posting.
08-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #70
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
You don't need a 3" screen, there is already one on the K-5...

The Hoodman hoodloupe is cheaper and does the same for $79 ($189 with holder) :
I disagree. The Hoodman wouldn't allow me to bring the viewer to a more comfortable viewing position on a video rig. The screen would allow me to put it any position, even backwards.

Personally, if I had the money for the Zacuto, i'd also buy a Hoodman for still work.

-M
08-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
Got my 7" lilliput monitor in today. Am excited to try it out.
Well, how's it working out?
08-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jake14mw

I am still getting the hang of it but so far it has been just great. Super picture and the mount works awesome. It makes "Live view" come alive. I have not used it with videos yet. I used it to "fine tune" some macro shots. Works like a dream. Well worth the $200.00 odd dollars I paid for it. Although, if you talk to my wife, it appears that she doesn't share the same opinion........
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #73

Hello every one, I was wondering if these 7 inch monitors were not too heavy for the K-5 flash mount?
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Montoya Quote
I disagree. The Hoodman wouldn't allow me to bring the viewer to a more comfortable viewing position on a video rig. The screen would allow me to put it any position, even backwards.

Personally, if I had the money for the Zacuto, i'd also buy a Hoodman for still work.

-M
I agree. I have a Hoodman and I really like it, but it won't do what a 7" monitor would.
11-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On Camera Mount

Danh, I have the 7" lilliput monitor on my K5 and it works fine. With the supplied mount it fits tight and is strong. Really works good for Macro shots.

Regards

Michael J.