Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
There's always something that Pentax drops the ball on, isn't there.

How does this crap pass QC?
When the K7 came out, I read something on Ned Bunnel's blog about noise on video, and it being an unfortunate side effect of the sensor positioning mechanism combined with an internal microphone.
This may, or may not be what is causing the OP's (and others) noise problems, but it, combined with the codec issues, would probably put your rather ill thought out blanket statement to rest.

08-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I have the K-5 and done many videos I never have the click noise. I use Window live movie maker
08-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I have the K-5 and done many videos I never have the click noise. I use Window live movie maker
Yes! I found that simply processing the clip through Movie Maker eliminates the clicking.

08-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Thanks
I am happy that it's working. This is a codec issue not a camera issue

09-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Well this is anoying since I can't just upload a clip to toutube without either working on it or accepting this clicking noise.

Premiere elements just said that it doesn't have the right codec.

What did change and how to handle this? Is our audio different since the last firmware?
09-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well this is anoying since I can't just upload a clip to toutube without either working on it or accepting this clicking noise.

Premiere elements just said that it doesn't have the right codec.

What did change and how to handle this? Is our audio different since the last firmware?
Hallo Ron.

The codec is al right, you just need to filter out the clicks, no idea if premiere elements has such a filter.

What you can do is turn off the SR and it should be gone i believe.

I now simply use an external recorder, full control over volume levels now and no clicks.

An external mic also helps i believe, haven't tried that one yet.
09-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #22
Banned

In my original there are no clickings. So it is going wrong when uploading to youtube.

Did the trick with moviemaker:

gone is the noise!

09-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Never shot a video.....I need to give it at least one try. Do you guys actually do much video? What player plays it right out of the K5?
Regards!
09-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
Veteran Member

If you have windows 7, Windows Live movie maker, the codec are working fine and you will get no clicking
09-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Vista has Moviemaker, also- works quite well.
09-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #26
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Never shot a video.....I need to give it at least one try. Do you guys actually do much video? What player plays it right out of the K5?
Regards!
Well sometimes I do video, so for like this pressconference, or some plays or some homevideo.

Are we getting Otis on video?
09-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Well, I think what is going on is this. ...

(I base this opinion on an analyzed problem why some K-5 clips won't play back on a Sony PS3).

The K-5 seems to pack a variable number of audio frames into the AVI container. Normally, there would be a constant ratio of audio and video frames intermixed into the container to make both streams. But hardware variations can make both streams differ and K-5 seems to insert or drop audio frames to keep both streams in sync. That's perfectly allowed but many players can't properly handle this. And not all K-5 or a K-5 not always does this as it seems to be due to hardware speed variations. The enforced synchronisation seems to happen every second.

Transcoding upon import to a more capable format than MJPEG solves this.
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #28
Veteran Member

In my original there are no clickings. So it is going wrong when uploading to youtube.
gone is the noise!
Interesting.

I do hear the click when playing back my movies when i use the internal mic + SR on.
It doesn't matter then if you watch the movie on the LCD of the camera or play it on any program on the computer.

So your click would be something else, i wonder what.
Falk might be right.
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Well sometimes I do video, so for like this pressconference, or some plays or some homevideo.

Are we getting Otis on video?
OK...I tried a short video today..... yes, Otis was willing to star and was looking forward to "going Hollywood". You only thought I was a bad shooter! It functioned fine, and played perfectly on Windows Movie Player...but it was worse than pathetic. I shot my own feet, the tree, the fence and a little of Otis' tail......he is still cursing me to high heaven after viewing it, and says I need to give it up entirely...forever. I think he may be right...he usually is.
Regards!:
11-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #30

This clicking is a cameraproblem!

I have got a K5 Firmware 1.11 and it stores this clicking in the audio track every second like a metronom as you can see in the following screenshot. This correlates with the writing of the data to the sd card. I tried different cards and different resolutions with and without sr but the clicking did not vanish.

Name:  Click.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  27.2 KB