Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 03:27 AM   #181
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold Coast, Qld
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 95
QuoteOriginally posted by campdog Quote
Might have a good second hand one for sale soon Tony.
John
Keep me posted John.

07-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #182
Pentaxian
kyteflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,337
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Bound to happen soon, I just bought mine lol
Of course. Mob in Perth are selling for $1499 now, aussie stock and all
Camera Electronic: Pentax K-5 Special August Price
07-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #183
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,825
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Mob in Perth are selling for $1499 now
Not too bad. But even DigitalCameraWarehouse have it body only for $1569, DigitalFunStuff for $1,549, Ryda $1554, DirtCheap $1599 etc.

Looks like prices may be on the way down.

Though Teds (of course) still have it listed for $1849.
07-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #184
Veteran Member
NicoleAu's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 539
And that store in Melbourne has it in store for $1339!

08-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #185
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 739
I thought some should be interested in what the Productivity Commission had to say about why Aust. Retail is in the state it is:

QuoteQuote:
A productivity commission report dismissed claims that GST-free online shopping is harming the local retail sector and instead blamed the sector's woes on high labour and real estate costs, and low productivity
....
Mr Weickhardt said that “intensified retail competition is a boon for consumers, but it is challenging for a retail industry which, overall, has lower levels of productivity when compared internationally and, in many cases, faces higher costs.
That does sound familiar...

Last edited by adr1an; 08-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #186
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,825
QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
That does sound familiar...
The same report also shows that retail margins are higher in Oz than for other countries - and shareholder return on equity for retail is higher than any other sector aside from mining.

The same report also says things about lack of competition in the sector and the structure of the market and regulatory environment affecting the sector. Etc. So one or two quotes don't quite tell the story. And it is pretty clear that labour costs and proudtivity are only a small slice of the issue. Don't blame the workers!

It's a good report, well worth a full read. People like Gerry Harvey though may regret asking for it to be produced as it exposes the hollowness of their claims about overseas retail and the lack of GST on under $1000 imports killing their business.
08-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #187
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bunbury
Posts: 29
You could try here...

I had a K-5 landed at my door (remote address in WA) from T-dimension for $1259.
Included 8g card, spare Batt, screen Protector, cam bag and kit lens. They split the package and I copped no GST. (They will help with this). This is my 3rd O/S purchase so far and had no extra cost so far. Lucky..dunno? Very good service and 4.5 day delivery. Very impressed with service and follow up. Nogster
08-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #188
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mount Isa
Posts: 4
I just bought a K5 from from Digital Cameras, Digital SLR Camera, Camcorder, Lenses & Digital Camera Accessories

08-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #189
Forum Member
Osama Binhidin's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mallacoota inlet
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
QuoteOriginally posted by NogBoy13 Quote
I had a K-5 landed at my door (remote address in WA) from T-dimension for $1259.
Included 8g card, spare Batt, screen Protector, cam bag and kit lens. They split the package and I copped no GST. (They will help with this). This is my 3rd O/S purchase so far and had no extra cost so far. Lucky..dunno? Very good service and 4.5 day delivery. Very impressed with service and follow up. Nogster
They also give a 2yr warranty and pay postage door to door both ways I have used there warranty and it was better in terms of time than dealing locally half the time and double the warranty. I also live in a remote area.
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #190
Site Supporter
link_1111's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 59
I was a little paranoid some of the problems people had with the K-5 but was also very excited about all the positives people said as well. In the end I contacted CR Kennedy via email (if you call them, they say that they don't price match pentax) and got them to get very close to the grey market price for body only that I quoted from different sites. I was told I can't put up a price, but they never said I couldn't say what I did =) Give it a try...you might get a better price than me!
08-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #191
Junior Member
rainwilds's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queensland
Posts: 35
QuoteOriginally posted by link_1111 Quote
I was a little paranoid some of the problems people had with the K-5 but was also very excited about all the positives people said as well. In the end I contacted CR Kennedy via email (if you call them, they say that they don't price match pentax) and got them to get very close to the grey market price for body only that I quoted from different sites. I was told I can't put up a price, but they never said I couldn't say what I did =) Give it a try...you might get a better price than me!
$1050 maybe?

I know BOSE has an international warranty where you can purchase anywhere in the world and their warranty is valid in AUS. Is Pentax the same?
08-08-2011, 02:43 AM   #192
Veteran Member
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by rainwilds Quote
I know BOSE has an international warranty where you can purchase anywhere in the world and their warranty is valid in AUS. Is Pentax the same?
No. Pentax warranties are normally only valid in the region where they are purchased. So if you want an Aussie warranty supported by the official Oz Pentax distributor (CR Kennedy), you need to buy local "Aussie stock". Warranties from other regions will mean that it has to go back to the region it came from for service.
Not sure if there are exceptions to this. I have read that you can request an international warranty card from Pentax USA, but I've not heard of someone using that to claim warranty in Oz.
08-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #193
Junior Member
rainwilds's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queensland
Posts: 35
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
No. Pentax warranties are normally only valid in the region where they are purchased. So if you want an Aussie warranty supported by the official Oz Pentax distributor (CR Kennedy), you need to buy local "Aussie stock". Warranties from other regions will mean that it has to go back to the region it came from for service.
Not sure if there are exceptions to this. I have read that you can request an international warranty card from Pentax USA, but I've not heard of someone using that to claim warranty in Oz.
Thanks for clarifying that. I can only imagine how many people don't consider the warranty!
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #194
Veteran Member
NicoleAu's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 539
QuoteOriginally posted by rainwilds Quote
Thanks for clarifying that. I can only imagine how many people don't consider the warranty!
I have to say that was one of the things I did consider. T-Dimension have a 2 year door-to-door warranty as well
08-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #195
Veteran Member
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by rainwilds Quote
Thanks for clarifying that. I can only imagine how many people don't consider the warranty!
Yeah well, most often you don't need the warranty thankfully.
You just have to weigh up the cost vs risk. If I had been able to get my K-5 for $1050 I would have been mighty tempted to go without a local "Aussie" warranty. As it is, I paid a lot more than that (back in Feb) for a camera with local warranty.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aussie, camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, price
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Info regarding price matching Adam Ask B&H Photo! 0 01-13-2011 01:10 PM
Price Matching on Memory Cards? soppy Ask B&H Photo! 2 12-02-2010 07:45 AM
Price Matching? emergo Ask B&H Photo! 3 06-04-2010 05:25 PM
Please help me understand color matching sebberry Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 5 02-19-2010 08:31 AM
Matching Pentax Color Arrvon Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 11-26-2009 07:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top