Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #76
Inactive Account

Hi Ash, thanks for the welcome :O), think I am almost sold on the K5 from eGlobal, am a little concerned about a comment earlier about sensor staining though and will do a bit more research today before I order. Cheers Karina

06-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karina1 Quote
... am a little concerned about a comment earlier about sensor staining though and will do a bit more research today before I order.
Sensor staining is most probably a thing of the past. I wouldn't worry about it.

Should you be so unlucky to receive a copy with stains, you'll get it fixed under warranty.
06-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #78
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Karina, I too was almost sold going for a new one that way until I saw that customs may still get their hands on the camera from a spot check and make you pay import duties on it.

You're right Class A, only you have to bear with the inconvenience of shipping the product back to the vendor's HK address at your own cost plus the length delay between sending it away and getting it back.

I wish there was more Aussie stock at similarly competitive prices to do away with all this nuisance.
06-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #79
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hide Quote
How does DWI honors their warranty?
Local Network Agent. Might mean the unit still needs to be shipped to HK but at least your return is local.

06-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #80
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Thats why I feel t-dimension are good Value they pay for shipping both ways and give a 2yr warranty, some of there lens carry 8yr warranty
06-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Karina, I too was almost sold going for a new one that way until I saw that customs may still get their hands on the camera from a spot check and make you pay import duties on it.
Hi
Photographic equipment (bodies, lenses and what have you) does not attract import duty in Australia. All items over $1000.00 however will be levied with the GST (10%) on the full amount and not only on the amount that is over the $1000.00 mark. So add 10% on all items that are $1000.00 and more including freight (you must add up all items that are in the consignment not just individual pieces) to arrive at your total cost. Also note, the freight component is added to the item(s) by Aust. Customs because they maintain that this makes up the total worth of you import.

So this is the calculation you must make and have to consider if luck is against you.

Greetings
06-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #82

Most of the Hong Kong companies, if not all, are using "special" postage invoices for Australia. The price on these invoices never goes above $1000, no matter what you are buying, therefore you don't have to pay gst. They send you the real invoice to your email address.

06-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #83
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicks Quote
Most of the Hong Kong companies, if not all, are using "special" postage invoices for Australia. The price on these invoices never goes above $1000, no matter what you are buying, therefore you don't have to pay gst. They send you the real invoice to your email address.
You can get caught out with that. I had a tripod from DWI recently held up at customs. I had to send a copy of the invoice to have it cleared.
06-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Anyone heard anything more about these "new prices" we're meant to see in Oz this week yet?
06-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lurch Quote
Anyone heard anything more about these "new prices" we're meant to see in Oz this week yet?
DCW still have the same 1569 price, I'm waiting waiting too, I want to see what tomorrows announcement in Japan brings though just in case it's something unexpected (like FF? LOL, we can only dream).
06-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #86
Inactive Account

Anyone still interested in eGlobal for K5. body is $1089, if you purchase MACK 3year warranty for $260 dollars, you have worldwide warranty and repairs by authorised dealers.

Mack 3 yr DIAMOND Int'l Warranty Products under $1500 (1810) :: Mack Camera and Video Service Warranty :: Extended Warranty - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store
All repairs are carried out by the manufacturers authorised repair agents any where in the world including Australia. In the event that this equipment requires any repair or service you must visit Mack Camera & Video Service | Worldwide Extended Service Contracts and arrange for service to obtain a Repair Authorisation Number.
06-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #87
Pentaxian

Has anyone noticed the warranty terms and conditions by DWI and eGlobal?
However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (and any film, tape, or other recordable media or accessory), DWI cannot accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item.
That cannot be legal, can it?

The Mack Warranty is not without problems.
06-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Any update on this?
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by Lurch Quote
Have just contacted CRK again (given it's now been 2 weeks & PMA is over). I'll update as soon as I hear something.
06-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #90
Veteran Member

I'm ready to buy ..... as soon as the price drops