Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter

More ??? About lens correction & anti-shake

I'm still waiting for another lens that I've ordered to arrive, so I only have the 16-45 F4 available to test the lens correction feature. It seemed to not do a great job of it. I found that CA correction was still better performed in Light Room 3.4. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I did receive my adapter so that I could use my P645 lenses with the K-5 and that worked well except that anti-shake is disengaged. Unless I've missed something, I can't find a workaround to engage it. That is a bit of a disappointment as I was hoping that it worked with any lens fitted.

Thanks.

06-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
SR does work with any lens. Make sure the SR is on. Turn off the camera and attach the lens. When the camera turns on, it should ask for the focal length of the lens. Thats the SR so it knows how much to compensate.
06-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
CDW
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The P645 to K adapter does not pass any electrical data so the camera has no way of knowing what the focal length of the lens is. Too bad Pentax doesn't provide for manual input of focal length data when using 645 or 67 primes.

When I attach a 645 lens via the adapter the SR and Input Focal Length options are grayed out.
06-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My smc 50mm f/1.4 doesn't have any electrical contacts either, but my shake reduction works just fine with it. Just have to input the focal length when i turn it on.

Are you sure you don't have it in a mode that disables shake reduction, like wireless flash or 2 sec timer?

06-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
CDW
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, the Aperture Ring mode was on Prohibited Setting. Changing to Permitted took care of the problem.
06-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CDW Quote
I only have the 16-45 F4 available to test the lens correction feature. It seemed to not do a great job of it. I found that CA correction was still better performed in Light Room 3.4. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Many Pentaxians do prefer to perform the lens distortion correction on computer.

Personally, I perform lens distortion correction with PDCU 4.32, unless I want more accuracy. In the latter case, I use PTLens. PTLens is an excellent dedicated software for lens distortion correction which is worthwhile for engineering and architecture.

PTLens is well regarded and can be recommended. The price is modest:
PTLens

Hope that the comment and experience will assist.