Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
Gimbal, what is your PF correction technique? I'm aware of the Hue/Saturation method as well as the Replace Color method. I find that, with either of these, I need to break out the history brush to bring back some inappropriately corrected areas.
On this I only used "Image/adjustment/selective color" selected magenta and pulled some sliders. Had it been for real I would probably copy the picture to a new layer, do the selective color thing and add a mask to the very same layer and paint out the things I don't want effected.

06-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Any lens or camera will PF in that situation. My DA*200, which is a stellar lens, will give PF like this when I shoot a dark subject backlit by extreme sun, just like your shot.

Your shot is not an indictment of the K5, it's an indictment of the composition of the shot.
Sure, it was only an example of what it can look like if you get it just right.
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
On this I only used "Image/adjustment/selective color" selected magenta and pulled some sliders. Had it been for real I would probably copy the picture to a new layer, do the selective color thing and add a mask to the very same layer and paint out the things I don't want effected.
Thanks - I wanted to be sure that I am not unaware of a killer technique. There have been times I have had to use the paintbrush in color mode to get rid of PF because no general selection tool can address the problem. It can be a bit tedious.
06-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I don't think Pentax will sell many of their GPS units announced for sale next month if they don't bring out firmware updates, since the bodies require updated firmware to utilise the units.
Right,update is planed for July,little later we will have the tracker in the shop

06-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #35
Veteran Member

The o-gps1 says you need the latest firmware, not the one upcoming. For all we know 1.03 is already capable of using the gps units. At least thats what I got from it. It will be on sale late June in the UK from what I hear. I doubt they would make them wait a month if they had to use a firmware update not even out yet.
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
The o-gps1 says you need the latest firmware, not the one upcoming. For all we know 1.03 is already capable of using the gps units. At least thats what I got from it. It will be on sale late June in the UK from what I hear. I doubt they would make them wait a month if they had to use a firmware update not even out yet.
That was my take on it as well. I figured it was already "cooked in".
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
rfortsen I think you guys are right, I wold think the menu option will show up as soon as you attach it to the camera. With all of the traveling I am doing, I am seriously thinking of getting one.

06-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Really? Will it give me my auto rotation back?
Yes, I'd like that back, this was very helpful on the K7!
06-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #39
Brooke Meyer

Lousy Purple Fringe!

QuoteOriginally posted by boosted03gti Quote
ive been out of the loop lately and wanted to know if any of the following issues have been addressed or acknowledged by pentax.

Purple fringe with high contrast/bright rim lighting.

Im sure alot of the issues are isolated or are of little consequence but with my luck, the k5 i order will have all 3 issues and then some.

Im on the fence between continuing to invest into pentax and get a k5 or jump ship and join the nikon club.

tia
jorge
Here's an example of that lack of purple fringe with high contrast/bright rim lighting. After a few thousand photos like this, I'm almost ready to give up. I try and I try and I can't get any real good purple fringe.

Last edited by Brooke Meyer; 08-31-2011 at 11:02 PM.
06-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Its not high enough contrast obviously Try shooting directly into the sun.
06-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #41
Veteran Member

As for auto rotation i never had a K-7 but what the K-5 does makes perfect sense to me... turn auto rotate on and all images are rotated to landscape on the screen... turn it off and portrait shots remain in portrait and landscape remains in landscape and you rotate the camera to look at them.

This seems perfectly fine and makes perfect sense for it to behave in this way.
06-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I don't think it's built in yet, if it where we should be able to check geotag data from our pictures (even if there is none on the ones we have now). Or at least have an option where we could choose what kind of geotag data to display. It would be silly if we need to attach the actual GPS to display already recorded geotag data.
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #43
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
I use the Metz 58 AF-1 (FW Ver.30) with my K-5 and have zero problems. If a flash gun does not work properly with the K-5, I hazard a guess, it could mean the gun is not (perfectly) compatible with the camera and not the other way around.

Modern tech cameras and older flash guns don't mix very well. This is why the above mentioned Metz can be FW updated via a USB connection to the computer and this way does not become obsolete.

Greetings
I think he is talking about the way p-ttl system works in general.
06-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
As for auto rotation i never had a K-7 but what the K-5 does makes perfect sense to me... turn auto rotate on and all images are rotated to landscape on the screen... turn it off and portrait shots remain in portrait and landscape remains in landscape and you rotate the camera to look at them.

This seems perfectly fine and makes perfect sense for it to behave in this way.
I agree. I did not like the auto rotation setting of my K7. If you didn't get the rotation of the cam quite right the pic would jump around a bit before you could get it right and only then did the picture settle down.

Now in the rotate off setting the picture is displayed correctly immediately, all you have to do is turn the camera. This you have to do with the K7 in auto mode also - so what is the difference.

Greetings
06-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #45
Brooke Meyer

Like this?

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Its not high enough contrast obviously Try shooting directly into the sun.
Like this? Okay, it was a K20 and a Sigma 100-300/4 and a really stupid thing to do.

Last edited by Brooke Meyer; 08-31-2011 at 11:03 PM.