Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #106
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vw_michael Quote
Yep it's official, you've got a nut fetish my friend
Could be worse...this little guy had one slip away.........
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!

09-28-2011, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Could be worse...this little guy had one slip away.........
Rupert, if you keep posting your squirrel shots with that high a frequency, I think you will annoy a lot of people. Please consider taking it back a notch.

BTW, some heavy BF on that shot.

Last edited by Class A; 09-29-2011 at 01:13 PM.
09-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Otis says he will be happy to hum a few bars of that for you.......He is not easily intimidated, in fact he is never intimidated. I think it is fairly easy to see why......Like Otis says...some have it...some don't.....
If you do, you can take that Otis challenge and call for a one on one vote........

Now, as I was about to add before the Squirrel bashing showed up.....I once tore open a lens and to this day often find those teeny tiny ball bearings in the corners of my office flooring...they just exploded out of there like they were spring loaded, maybe they were? I would never attempt to work on my camera, I can only imagine what it would look like within minutes.
Regards!
"Duos habet et bene pendentes"
09-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
"Duos habet et bene pendentes"
Heavy hangers? I haven't weighed them, but they are definitively hangers!

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
If you keep annoying people with your tree rats, people will probably start referring to you as "Ratpert" or even "Ratperv". Just a heads up!

BTW, some heavy BF on that shot. You didn't use the most magical camera since the creation of the universe (according to you, the K-5) this time?
Classless A....I don't worry too much about names...do you?
BF? Hey, as long as you can tell it is a handsome Squirrel, that works for me.

You and your few Squirrel haters, if you can get me the name of the person or persons that are forcing you to view my Squirrels and causing you such sever anguish, I will lodge a formal complaint against them. I have never hit the complaint button on anyone, here or at any other site...ever, but you seem to be in such pain and so tortured by the presence of these tiny critters that I will do it for your sake. Just tell us all who it is that is forcing your eyes upon my Squirrels? They are even causing you to look close enough to critique them, which is just plain perverted. You name that person responsible, because they are too sick to be among us, I guarantee.

If you are made to look again, can you tell me if this K5 shot suits your focus requirements any better? I know it must hurt....take two Advil and lay down for a little while........
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

09-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Lenses falling off Canon 5DII cameras

The grass is always greener I guess
09-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Did his lens dropped because he hit the release button w/o knowing it? I failed to see how this is the fault of the camera or lens, or Canon. Personally I feel the Pentax lens release button position is the best, but I have not managed to drop my Canon lens yet. With Canon, I have to press and hold the button while turning the lens with my left palm. Awkward and prone to drop.
09-29-2011, 02:09 AM - 2 Likes   #112
Pentaxian

You and your few Squirrel haters, if you can get me the name of the person or persons that are forcing you to view my Squirrels and causing you such sever anguish, I will lodge a formal complaint against them.
  1. Originally I was not a Squirrel hater. I thought they were cute. But with anything that comes in too high doses, you get sick of it.
  2. With the frequency you are posting squirrel shots, it is very hard to avoid them. I am not the only one who finds you are going overboard.

Can I kindly ask you to reserve the posting of your furry friends to dedicated threads and give everyone a rest elsewhere? Please?

They are even causing you to look close enough to critique them, which is just plain perverted.
The focus is off by a country mile on that pic. I don't even need to begin to look "closely" to see that. You should check your AF adjustment or focusing technique.

Last edited by Class A; 09-29-2011 at 01:16 PM.
09-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #113
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

If you are made to look again, can you tell me if this K5 shot suits your focus requirements any better? I know it must hurt....take two Advil and lay down for a little while........
[/url] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
Rupert,

Both squirrell shots on this page look back-focused to my eye.

The eyes of the subject are plainly soft, while the rear and tail area are sharp. What I cannot say, however, is whether this is due to where you placed the AF spot or due to some other reason like calibration? Based upon the composition, I suspect that the AF spot was centered on the subject not the head or eyes, which could be the source of the resulting appearance of BF.

Ray
09-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #114
Veteran Member

Focused on the body.......where I normally focus, to get their handsome profile in its best light.

Classless A......So glad to hear that you located the guilty party that forces you to view things you find offensive. I can better understand your position now, and agree that it must be a tough life. I can only imagine going to a fine restaurant and ordering your favorite gourmet meal, only to have the waiter bring you the most disgusting meal on earth....and then you eat it! You go to the movies to watch the feature movie, but they usher you in to the movie in the "B" theater instead, and you just sit and watch two hours of the Flintstones, suffering all the while, but unable to keep your eyes off the screen. Maybe your mind was telling you that adult movies were too mature for you? Just guessing......

As painful as your malady must be, and as rare as it must be in a grown man ( I do think this is fairly common in kindergarten) I regret that I can offer you no relief. I have discussed this with Otis, and he likes it here, has lots of friends, gets lots of nice E-mails from them, and just refuses to drop dead because you can't control your urges to view him and his handsome buddies. (not to mention those scantily clad girly Squirrels!) Maybe you can just block out any posts I make, or if you are unable to make your unwilling mind do such a thing, seek some psychiatric help. Be sure to explain how a tiny critter like Otis is ruining your life and despite your displeasure, your eyes just seem to search him out. Also, tell the Doc about the nightmares......you know the ones...where you are in a head to head vote with Otis and he obliterates you in front of your two friends here.......you do have two friends...right?

Get some help, I hear arguing with Otis is not healthy, so I never do it. Works for me, maybe it would work for you too?

Regards!

BTW- Thanks for the earlier heads up! Here is one for you from Otis......
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/160675-nature-now-theyve-done.html

Last edited by Rupert; 09-29-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: add link
09-29-2011, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #115
Pentaxian

Focused on the body.......where I normally focus, to get their handsome profile in its best light.
I suggest you change your focusing technique. The vast majority of people are put off by eyes being out of focus.

Regarding your unwillingness to take it down a notch with your squirrel posts after I have kindly asked you to consider doing so: I don't think you should suggest in return that I do not have any friends and should seek help.

I'm tired of the whole issue and regret to have been pulled into it. I didn't mean to cause any offense. I edited my previous posts to make that latter point clear.

I have discussed this with Otis, and he likes it here, has lots of friends, gets lots of nice E-mails from them, and just refuses to drop dead because you can't control your urges to view him and his handsome buddies.
Rupert, you cannot discuss things with a squirrel. The squirrel is not "here" and does not care. It does not get nice emails.

Considering for a moment that you (not the squirrel) has a fan base enjoying the images, please still consider to delight the fan base in some dedicated threads and thus stop annoying a lot of people who are not into your squirrel shots and pretend squirrel characters.

Imagine if everyone spammed every thread with their pet image theme ("negative space", "cars", "NSFW", etc.) and added commentary about pretend characters. If you do not like this idea, please do not inflict on others what you do not want to have inflicted on you. If you do like the idea, please look for another forum to play that game. This is not the place for it.

Last edited by Class A; 09-29-2011 at 01:41 PM.
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #116
Veteran Member

I suggest you change your focusing technique. The vast majority of people are put off by eyes being out of focus.
I'm just an amateur shooter, I shoot for pleasure....National Geographic is highly unlikely to ever give me a call, so I don't worry a lot about what you might prefer.

Regarding your unwillingness to take it down a notch with your squirrel posts after I have kindly asked you to consider doing so: I don't think you should suggest in return that I do not have any friends and should seek help.

Just who are you to determine what others do or don't do here? I don't know about your friends, I was just asking.....but it doesn't appear that you go out of your way to make friends, I can tell you that.

I'm tired of the whole issue and regret to have been pulled into it. I didn't mean to cause any offense. I edited my previous posts to make that latter point clear.

You were not pulled into it, you stepped in it. No one asked your opinion, no one made you look at any of my posts, and no one was picking at you until you started your offense....and it was offensive.

Rupert, you cannot discuss things with a squirrel. The squirrel is not "here" and does not care. It does not get nice emails.

Of what importance is this to you? Where did you get the idea you need to protect people against themselves? No one here is forced to view anything that they find objectionable ....I don't understand why you can't "get this". As for the Otis E-mail......I'll lay my E-mails wide open if you want to make a little wager...maybe a few Ltd's, I know a winning hand when I'm holding it.

Considering for a moment that you (not the squirrel) has a fan base enjoying the images, please still consider to delight the fan base in some dedicated threads and thus stop annoying a lot of people who are not into your squirrel shots and pretend squirrel characters.

Most all of my threads and posts have subject matter relating to the subject at hand, and Squirrels are incidental. Why people like to annoy themselves by viewing something they don't have to is beyond me, and you have yet to explain it?

Imagine if everyone spammed every thread with their pet image theme ("negative space", "cars", "NSFW", etc.) and added commentary about pretend characters. If you do not like this idea, please do not inflict on others what you do not want to have inflicted on you. If you do like the idea, please look for another forum to play that game. This is not the place for it.

I am sure interested in how you come to the conclusion that you determine how this place is operated? When YOU have the authority to tell me or anyone else what to post and how to post it, then I will most definitely take your advice and find another Forum.

I didn't ask for any of this, you did, and it would suit me if you would find another burr under your butt to get disturbed over. I post here, enjoy most all of what I see and learn, and can't recall ever telling anyone here how to run their business. It would be nice if you would do likewise.

BTW-Otis is as real as you are...and has a heck of a lot better personality!
Best Regards!
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #117
Pentaxian

Rupert, it would be easy to refute each point you made in your last post, but
  • there is no point trying to argue with you, and
  • this discussion is off-topic and I no longer want to be engaged in it.
Only a couple of points, as a final "good-bye":
  • I didn't tell you what to do or not to do. I kindly asked to consider that not everyone appreciates your squirrel spamming. I note that you do not care whether you annoy people.
  • I did not step into anything. Your squirrel spamming caused a response.
  • I note that you do not seem to understand that your squirrel spamming creates noise one must navigate around.
  • I note that while I tried to de-escalate the matter, you chose to pile more insults on me.
Roger, over, and out.
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #118
Veteran Member

The best thing you have posted here....."over and out" and I hope you can stick to it.
Regards!
09-29-2011, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #119

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote

-Class A-
Simply ad that member to your 'ignore' list as I have, for the exact reasons mentionned above...
09-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #120

I received my camera back from C.R.I.S. today 09/29, I sent it to them just before the Labor Day. So currently the turnaround time is about 4 weeks. The Pentax kindly paid for the shipping so it did not cost me anything except that I was without camera for a month. The release button feels a little bit stiff in comparison with K10D but I cannot tell the difference before and after the repair...

Regarding ongoing squirrel discussion I would suggest to follow thread's subject which is not about the squirrels. There is a place on this forum that is called "Post Your Photos!" : Post your photos! - PentaxForums.com where anybody can start a dedicated thread for squirrel photos and discuss the techniques and the subject.