Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-13-2011, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Jeez, how would you like to be married to some one like this!
I see you are religious, pray and ask the lord for guidance.

06-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #47
Veteran Member

I'm a woman. If I gave someone I loved a camera that he wanted and it turned out to have a technical glitch I'd tell him to have it repaired under warranty.The whole point of buying someone something that they love is to make them happy. If you've got a glitch, you've got a glitch, but selling it all just to avoid conflict and hurting her feelings makes no sense.

I think you're looking for an excuse to sell it all. I think you have realized that you can make some money by selling off your kit and underneath you really want to go there. Maybe all that is just too much gear for you now. Maybe you just feel a need to simplify? Who knows, but I think you're using this situation to make up your mind for you telling yourself that if it saves her feelings it's okay.

How many years do you have invested? Have you been happy with that set up till now? Does one camera with a glitch really make THAT much of a difference? Why do you really feel the urge to sell?

Your wife will no doubt feel some disappointment over the fact that you have to send the camera in, sure, but so long as you get it back, use it, she's going to be okay with you having it. If you sell that camera, something she went out of her way to get you though? I would think that would make her a bit more confused and likely hurt than just keeping it and getting it repaired.

Glitches happen. Few things in life are perfect. Get it repaired, use it for a while, then make a calm, rational, cool headed decision as to whether or not you want to keep it. Do the same with each lens. Use it with the K-5, consider it, decide if you really need it, if not then sell it.

If you have been a Pentax person for years I can't see you not liking the K-5 once it's repaired. But if you're ready to move on for some reason, then do it. But don't do it as a knee jerk reaction at being upset that your new camera has a glitch. You sell everything off for that reason you will live to regret it, that's for sure...
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote

LOL!!! the best post so far!!!
06-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
Veteran Member

This whole thread and the signature of the OP makes me think we are all having our leg pulled..... I don't know. My little mind is having great difficulty grasping that this thread remotely resembles reality.

06-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
This whole thread and the signature of the OP makes me think we are all having our leg pulled..... I don't know. My little mind is having great difficulty grasping that this thread remotely resembles reality.

Either that or the OP is the wimpiest, most indecisive, fearful significant other i know... really ,what is the mind boggling problem about repairing a defective camera? Is she a heavyweight female wrestling champion with wild mood swings and weird complexes about damaged gifts?
06-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #51
Veteran Member

why does the OP have 3 different system? lol, if I have as much money as he is I would totally jump on the nikon ship and get myself a FF nikon, game over.
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sagiboy Quote
I'm definitely going to sell couple of the pristine primes I have.....stay tuned...
I'm placing my bid in for one of those. PM'd.

06-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #53

Original Poster
I do..everyday...

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
And thank him for such a wonderful woman in my life...!!!!!
06-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Yes, yes. It seems so obvious to all of us. I think his concern for his wife (he doesn't want her to feel like she bought him a dud), is due to the fact that he's only been married a year. Those with more marital experience know good and well that open communication is the best thing around for preserving relationships. I don't know this guy, but I think he's on a learning curve...
06-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #55

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm a woman. If I gave someone I loved a camera that he wanted and it turned out to have a technical glitch I'd tell him to have it repaired under warranty.The whole point of buying someone something that they love is to make them happy. If you've got a glitch, you've got a glitch, but selling it all just to avoid conflict and hurting her feelings makes no sense.

I think you're looking for an excuse to sell it all. I think you have realized that you can make some money by selling off your kit and underneath you really want to go there. Maybe all that is just too much gear for you now. Maybe you just feel a need to simplify? Who knows, but I think you're using this situation to make up your mind for you telling yourself that if it saves her feelings it's okay.

How many years do you have invested? Have you been happy with that set up till now? Does one camera with a glitch really make THAT much of a difference? Why do you really feel the urge to sell?

Your wife will no doubt feel some disappointment over the fact that you have to send the camera in, sure, but so long as you get it back, use it, she's going to be okay with you having it. If you sell that camera, something she went out of her way to get you though? I would think that would make her a bit more confused and likely hurt than just keeping it and getting it repaired.

Glitches happen. Few things in life are perfect. Get it repaired, use it for a while, then make a calm, rational, cool headed decision as to whether or not you want to keep it. Do the same with each lens. Use it with the K-5, consider it, decide if you really need it, if not then sell it.

If you have been a Pentax person for years I can't see you not liking the K-5 once it's repaired. But if you're ready to move on for some reason, then do it. But don't do it as a knee jerk reaction at being upset that your new camera has a glitch. You sell everything off for that reason you will live to regret it, that's for sure...

I told her about the K5 issues..she was kinda sad..but then she was fine after a while...Im waiting for Pentax to send me the shipping label....

Im not being wimpy..its just that I find this forum full of people who are more friendly than one would expect....I thank all for your advises. I just wanted someone to talk about something that was bothering me. I sold off all my other Pentax SLRs, even the k7 is listed for sale. K5 is the only Pentax I have and I intend to get it repaired now.
06-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #56

Well bro she knew you had two perfectly good cameras and still bought you a K-5 so she knows exactly what it costs - you should keep her! (And the camera)
06-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do..everyday...
Seems like he is not listening!
06-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #58

I agree!
06-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #59
Pentaxian

I'm confused. You say you don't want to hurt her feelings about a gift that she bought you that turned out to be faulty, so to not hurt her feeling, you are using "her" giving you a faulty gift as a scapegoat for selling off completely unrelated gear that has no faults???

and

I thought You purchased that K-5.????

Posted by Sagiboy 05-24-11, 08:48 AM

I bought my K5 from Berger Bros in Syossett..im in LI so it was like 10 mins drive. Also I wanted to keep the local store in business, I paid a lot more for the body but didn't mind it.
You state that You paid more than other places but You, didn't mind?????

I call shenanigans!!!
06-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
I'm confused. You say you don't want to hurt her feelings about a gift that she bought you that turned out to be faulty, so to not hurt her feeling, you are using "her" giving you a faulty gift as a scapegoat for selling off completely unrelated gear that has no faults???

and

I thought You purchased that K-5.????

Posted by Sagiboy 05-24-11, 08:48 AM

You state that You paid more than other places but You, didn't mind?????

I call shenanigans!!!
The Lord made him do it