Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2nd K-5 are these stains or dirt....??

Ok so the first k-5 is on its way back to pentax for what I hope is replacement. It was just riddled with stains all over the sensor. Not only did it have the classic ribbon but had several others all with the halo around them.

I picked up a second body as backup. First it is certainly much cleaner then the first but there are a few spots that seem like they might be stains. They are located right at the bottom of the sensor one on the left and then another on the right with a couple of additional in the center but no ribbon stain.
I've included three cropped and an overall.

Any thoughts on these would be greatly appreciated. Before I jump the gun and return it I want see what others think.

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited by stl09; 04-29-2016 at 02:07 PM.
06-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is just dust- try applying DR a few times

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I did Adam but it didn't really seem like camera did anything....just glad that its not the other problem!!!!
06-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stl09 Quote
I did Adam but it didn't really seem like camera did anything....just glad that its not the other problem!!!!
use a actual sensor cleaning tool like the one pentax offers, or for some stubborn dust, you may have to wet clean it. Often camera stores offer to do this if you don't have a cleaning kit, or don't feel comfortable doing so.

06-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Dust. I have a few spots like that on my K-5. Rocket blower won't get them off, nor will DR. I imagine a wet clean is what is required. I haven't done that yet...