Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #1

QC issues as bad as they seem?

So I'm pretty much set on getting the k-5, but all the talk aboud qc issues people are having is in the back of my mind. Are the issues really that widespread or is it just a matter of the idea that people with nothing to complain about aren't saying anything. I know with other devices, you hear horror stories about people having issues, but in reality it's a minority compared to the people without issues. Is that the case here ?

06-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Definitely not. I would advise you have very little to fear.
I have used my K5 for 6 months, and used almost every day, without any problem.

Don't believe all that you read, and I am not saying that some have not had problems, but that goes with any high tech purchase in this day and age.
06-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #3

You will barely never hear about people having no issues with their camera as they are too busy taking pictures.

Anyway, if there was really something to fear with QC or global camera quality, this place would be the first one to make a global announcement like "Do not buy the K-5 unless Pentax has solved all the flaws"
06-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by ZEPsikopat Quote
You will barely never hear about people having no issues with their camera as they are too busy taking pictures.

Anyway, if there was really something to fear with QC or global camera quality, this place would be the first one to make a global announcement like "Do not buy the K-5 unless Pentax has solved all the flaws"
Right, and forums are the places where people go when they are frustrated or have issues. All forums make any product issue more amplified than it really is.

06-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Had sensor stains on my first camera. That has since long been fixed, and all I see now is an ever growing image library of shots I like. The K-5 has grown on me these last months, and I find it a joy to use. My forum habits have changed aswell, with less time being spent here in total, and less time on equipment-topics in particular. Still loving to look at other people's photos though.
06-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nsolarz Quote
So I'm pretty much set on getting the k-5, but all the talk aboud qc issues people are having is in the back of my mind. Are the issues really that widespread or is it just a matter of the idea that people with nothing to complain about aren't saying anything. I know with other devices, you hear horror stories about people having issues, but in reality it's a minority compared to the people without issues. Is that the case here ?
I bought my K5 in Feb. Came with no QC issues whatsoever. I had to occasionally blow air across the K10 and even wet cleaned it once or twice, had to air clean the K20 a coupla times, haven't had to air clean the K5 at all and i change lenses a lot.
Focus is fine, shutter is low pitched quiet, high iso is outstanding, pp these camera files is a delight because you can pull more out of the shadows then you should.

I've had 2 SDM lenses going on 3 years, problems with neither. My basic practice is not to be an early adoptee - hope that helps. Unfortunately, the camera is capable of a lot more than i am.