Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
No, I was just responding to the comment that you can crop a full frame image and get the same resolution as an APS-C image. It just isn't true for most full frame cameras versus most APS-C cameras these days. Most current APS-C cameras have between 12 and 18 megapixels, whereas the D700 and D3s have 12 megapixels. Class A responded by saying that he is still shooting a 6 megapixel APS-C camera, in which case, what he says would be accurate.
OK, though I should point out that the Canon 5D-II is 21MP, but that is nowhere near 1.5 times the resolution of the 16 MP K-5. Reolution is not in a 1:1 linear relation with the number of megapixels, e.g. 20MP is not twice the resolution of 10MP, counterintuitive as that may seem.

Rob

07-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #62

Canon 5D On Par With K-5 In High ISO?

QuoteOriginally posted by la_nonna Quote
High Iso performance:
5DMkII > [5D, K-5 on pair]
Thanks for your informative comparison.

I am surprised, however, you found the 5D to be on par with the K-5 in high ISO performance, since the K-5 has 2010 technology and offers an ISO choice up to 51,200; while the 5D has the technology from 2005 and offers a maximum ISO of 3200.

I haven't used both cameras, but I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else that has done so, to comment or elaborate further on this high ISO comparison.
07-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #63

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TomBrooklyn Quote
Thanks for your informative comparison.

I am surprised, however, you found the 5D to be on par with the K-5 in high ISO performance, since the K-5 has 2010 technology and offers an ISO choice up to 51,200; while the 5D has the technology from 2005 and offers a maximum ISO of 3200.

I haven't used both cameras, but I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else that has done so, to comment or elaborate further on this high ISO comparison.
i went to DP the review site in the last page of the K-5 review they have and active comparison where you may compare the exposure results with all models from Nikon and canon... lets just say it's why I am going K-5 instead of wither of the other 2 money was no limit to my decision it was percieved quality.. of pics