Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #76
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by la_nonna Quote
k-5 freezed a couple of times, i think because of the full buffer-slow write speed. that has never happened with Cf equipped cameras.

I've lost some data because of broken SD cards sometimes, and at least once a week one of my clients comes to me asking to recover fisicaly broken sd cards.
You can't smash a CF so easily.
Quality brand cards do play a part in not failing. I use only Sandisk Ultra/Extreme and they are fast enough.

01-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #77
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by valy Quote
For me tamron 70-200 f2.8 is a little more than "some accessories".

Perhaps I was not clear. I'm pleased with my pentax. For what it costs and for what is written in the specs 100d is ok. I can't be unhappy because it does not takes movies or because it does not have live view, etc., that's why I'm thinking to an upgrade.

I commented only faults because this is worries me. The idea is not to show the k5 has faults but to find if there is a real concern or to find workaround to these issues. Nikon is just an example, something to compare with. As I said, none is perfect, canon, nikon, etc, so that's why I'm here to investigate. If nikon was the perfect gear for me I have been already "nikon proudly owner", but I'm not...yet .

I know the "No more tests, just pictures" thread, now I'm at the third reading. I found some stunning shots there, most of them.
If you keep worrying about the faults of a system, you WILL NEVER be HAPPY with the system. All of us here are into the system because we can tolerate its limitations, if any.

I upgraded from the K10D to the K20D to the K7 and now the K5. I am very happy with the K5 as the high ISO is better than the K7 (although Adam has a thread on tweaking it), but I am still using the K7 together with the K5. I can live with the faults of the K7 so why can't you leave with perceived fults of the K5 if you really want the K5, unless, of course, you REALLY want the Nikon D7000?

Last edited by felixkh; 01-08-2012 at 04:24 AM.