Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #1

Da lens on K5

Are DA lenses, classed as good lenses on a k5, i have the 18-50 + 50-200

06-23-2011, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
simple answer- yes

complicated answer- depends. What do you mean by "good"? DA lenses are the current generation of lenses produced by pentax. As such, they're the newest and benefit from the most modern features, coatings, etc. While with any series, there are bad and good lenses, many of the DA series lenses are quite competent for regular usage. The two lenses you own are known as the kit lenses, since they're usually included in kits that come with a new body. As such, they're at the bottom in terms of performance. This does not mean that they're bad lenses, it just means that there are better lenses out there. The DA limiteds are some of the most amazing pancake lenses ever, the DA* lenses are the top of the line pro lenses, and many of the general DA lenses are quite good themselves. Rather than worry about lenses right now, just go out and shoot first, find what you like to shoot. Once you've gained a bit of experience, buy lenses that suit your style of photography that you know will allow you to produce better pictures.
06-23-2011, 02:30 AM   #3
sap

Original Poster
Fantastic reply ADPO.....Im out there.....:-)
06-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

of course, now that you're on this forum, you will now be subject to catching LBA, Lens Buying Addiction. This is something that plagues all pentaxforum members that goes beyond all logic and is only held at bay for many of us due to the fact that we have no more money to buy stuff after our last lens purchase ;D

sadly for me, this effect is doubly compounded since the motto of my university photo club is "Buy More Stuff"

06-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
sap

Original Poster
ahahah too right, just checked out the DC 18-125 $$$$$$$$750 here in OZ...
06-23-2011, 02:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

well, dont worry too much about that right now, just go shoot and have fun =)
06-23-2011, 03:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thinking about buying more lenses? Check out the article in my signature on LBA. Lens buying addiction. You are nowhere near it but forewarned is forearmed. Or not.

06-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

i love that article, brings a smile to my face each time i read it