Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #31

The bigger issue is not about K5 breaking down but how soon it can be up again. To wait for weeks to get a simple button replaced under warranty is attrocious and if that happens with C or N there will be huge outcries. I have friends who waited for 6 - 8 weeks to get simple minor faults repaired and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will not happen to me, especially when I am travelling. No doubt, K5 is an excellent camera, and like all electronic equipment, there is always tiny quirks, but one should not wait weeks instead of days for such warranty repair.

08-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anthony Lee Quote
The bigger issue is not about K5 breaking down but how soon it can be up again. To wait for weeks to get a simple button replaced under warranty is attrocious and if that happens with C or N there will be huge outcries. I have friends who waited for 6 - 8 weeks to get simple minor faults repaired and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will not happen to me, especially when I am travelling. No doubt, K5 is an excellent camera, and like all electronic equipment, there is always tiny quirks, but one should not wait weeks instead of days for such warranty repair.
Who could argue with that? I think Ricoh needs to be very conscious of what has been reported here regarding service along with the QC problems if they intend to turn things around for Pentax. They have a loyal base and the K5 is no doubt a winner, but shooters have only so much patience........
Let's hope for a change and a brighter and more dependable future!
Best Regards!
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My K5 was sent in a week ago and it appears that it is going to be replaced with a new unit (no time stated for the switch). The K7 i previously owned went in and had the circuit board replaced. there were no problems with the K10 or K20. So yes, i do have some concerns about quality. Regardless, the K5 is an excellent camera. Regarding travel, a second camera such as a micro 4/3rds or point n shoot would be a good idea. When travelling, i often lock the dslr in the safe and wander with a PnS on short jaunts.