Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i <3 my k-5

so i've successfully talked my brother into buying me a k-5 so i can do a better job shooting his wedding. (he totally fell for it!) after playing with the camera this evening, i've decided that it might be the best thing since sliced bread. no focus issues that i've noticed, bounce flash seems to work correctly with my metz af-50... all that good stuff! now i can relegate my k100D to backup-backup status, and when using two bodies i won't be as confused from not being able to find a front e-dial anymore. oh happy day!!!

06-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #2

That sounds great!! I hope the pictures come out good. Otherwise your brother could not be that nice to you after that!! Just pray for great weather some your pictures come out really good. Maybe post one or two of them here on the forum if your brother will allow it.
06-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
lol, i should be alright. i was shooting at a friends wedding a couple weeks ago (for fun, not the actual shooter) and everything went fine with my k100d and k-7. the indoor shoots weren't GREAT, but very passable as long as i don't print any of them big... so i can only think that the k-5 improve that. i'll also have a couple remote flashes set up to help out.
but he did warn me today "i better have some damn good wedding photos!"
06-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Wow. Congratulations on a great arrangement with your brother!

Good luck with the wedding. I'm jealous of the camera - maybe some day!

07-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That is actually a good compromise for your brother and you since he is getting married.
If he were to hire a pro photographer, it would set him back almost something in the ballpark too of the K-5.
While he gets as many shots as he wants and also gets the digital file and can have you do whatever he wants in post processing.
He can't get all of that from a hired photog!
As for you, just make sure you make your bother happy with great shots on his wedding day even if you can only provide 1!
Make the bride happy and get good shots of her and make her stand out.
If she is happy, you got your brother happy!
Good luck and give us an update!
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #6

Original Poster
that's what i figured too. for even a DECENT wedding photographer, you're lookin at probably $1500 USD, especially if you want full copyright release on the images. i'm pretty sure i can do at least "decent" level work... my brother better hope so!!!