Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #1

First K-5 outing...comments and critiques?

Here are a couple of my favorites (you can see the whole set at 4th of July 2011 - a set on Flickr )

07-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice set (the flickr set)! Fill us in on the lenses used

Really good work for a first outing, I am guessing you are no stranger to photography...

PS: I like the bikini shots

---
07-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
I've shot with a K10D for a while, and this was my first chance to get out with the new body. Everything was candids, which is probably pretty clear.

The four images I linked here were all the Pentax 100mm f/2.8 Macro. In the set there are like two with the 10-20 sigma and a couple with the old K10D kit lens, 18-55. Unless I'm mistaken, thats all of em.

I'm very new to lightroom (still learning and playing) and some of that is probably reflected in sloppy PP work, but I figure its best to just try!

Thanks for checking it out!
07-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I thought the pp work was pretty good, the "vignette 2" preset (correct me if I am wrong on that preset) on the first image (bikes) works very well...

---

07-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
Actually, that was a preset i made when I was learning to do presets! Its the whole thing from a straight image to the high contrast with the final vignette. I used the manual lens correction vignette controls to do that, not the effects setting. That and a custom purple fringe correction are the only presets i've made, so I didnt really use the presets. I know thats my next step-learning the ways to save time!

(i did use the "auto tone" button in basic a good handful of times. When it looked like it did a good job i just started from there)
07-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Well, someone did "grant you the power"...those are some fine shots and I enjoyed the entire set.
Sort of discouraging to a shooter like me ....I have a great K5, but no shots like those! I do have Squirrels....somehow it just isn't the same as bikinis, is it?
Loved the close in of they sunshade guy, very nice work...all of them were what you hope you get on an outing....and you did!

Best Regards!
07-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have to agree with the above posts. Excellent shots. The colour and sharpness in your shots are fantastic. DOF seems spot on. And for someone just starting out in LR you sure learn quickly

07-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Nice set of pictures, have fun with your new toy.