Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For the record, I had no problems with any of my previous bodies (K100D, K10D & two K20Ds) but several (stains & buttons falling off) with the K-5.

07-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The more time goes by, the more that people forget about previous models. I owned a K20 that locked up regularly during regular use from the time I got it. I never posted anything on the forum about it, just sent it in and had a circuit board replaced. My K10 over time developed a significant back focus and I had to use a debug mode to fix that.

There is just a certain rate of flaws that occurs in electronic gear -- the more complex the more likely it is to have trouble. I guess it is just when we are looking back that we think that past cameras were better and less likely to have flaws.
07-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote
This was not a comparison between brands. And I have no idea how any Pentax issue can become a non-issue or more acceptable, simply because Canon and Nikon also have similar issues!
I agree, then again... it was never intended as such either(excuse).

The point raised here was where we can acknowledge whether or not such discrepancies fall within the allowable failure rate based on comparable manufacturing. However, what I found most interesting(the final part of comment) is where companies such as Leica who are the exception to the rule do so at a significant cost.

And so in cases such as these, the use of competing product development cycles provides us with valuable data(reality check and/or expectations) which in turn help us gain a perspective on whether or not the Pentax product development cycle falls within the allowable manufacturing threshold.

Last edited by JohnBee; 07-13-2011 at 05:42 AM.