Updated Latest Fiirmware
77777 0077430 T100 Main PCB

09-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #272
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
5weeks
Hi Dr.
Good to hear, but 5 weeks ? Did it go back to Japan ?
If so I know from my Japanese friends there that they replace main boards in almost all cases that present with this problem.
Mine also had the main board replaced here in Melbourne but only took 12 days !

Greetings
09-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #273
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi Dr.
Good to hear, but 5 weeks ? Did it go back to Japan ?
If so I know from my Japanese friends there that they replace main boards in almost all cases that present with this problem.
Mine also had the main board replaced here in Melbourne but only took 12 days !

Greetings
No not Japan. Eastern Canada. I live in western. I also had a no audio recording issue with videos on top of the mirror flopping issue. Maybe the pcb change fixed both at the same time. Either way I have audio and no mirror flopping so far.
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #274

Hi,

Does anybody know a Japanese forum where the K-5 mirror flapping issue is discussed ?
I want to forward it to a Japanese friend.

Thanks!

09-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #275

Original Poster
No, but try this...

QuoteOriginally posted by valcho Quote
Hi,

Does anybody know a Japanese forum where the K-5 mirror flapping issue is discussed ?
I want to forward it to a Japanese friend.

Thanks!
See if this link translates this page: Google Translate I set it to translate English to Japanese.
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #276

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim Radcliffe Quote
See if this link translates this page: Google Translate I set it to translate English to Japanese.
Thanks Jim, I was wondering if there are a Japanese forums about this issue ....
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #277

Well, better to spend the $20 and have a shot than not. thaks for the info.
Thanks Jim, I received my extended warranty card today from Adorama. The card says nothing about being tied to a particular camera and it is from Pentax. All you need is a receipt of when the camera was purchased and a receipt of when you purchased this warranty. So good bet that Pentax will honor the warranty on my K5 even though I got it from B&H. Not a bad way to spend $20.

Thanks again,

Wayne
09-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #278

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by toooldtocare Quote
Thanks Jim, I received my extended warranty card today from Adorama. The card says nothing about being tied to a particular camera and it is from Pentax. All you need is a receipt of when the camera was purchased and a receipt of when you purchased this warranty. So good bet that Pentax will honor the warranty on my K5 even though I got it from B&H. Not a bad way to spend $20.

Thanks again,

Wayne
Seems to me someone mentioned that the date of the extended warranty purchase had to match the date of the camera purchase... which I am not sure is true or not.. but I can see someone buying the extended warranty when they know something is going south and trying to pay $20 rather than $200 or more.

As I said, it's only $20 so I'll eat it if I have to.

09-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #279
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seems to me someone mentioned that the date of the extended warranty purchase had to match the date of the camera purchase... which I am not sure is true or not.. but I can see someone buying the extended warranty when they know something is going south and trying to pay $20 rather than $200 or more.

As I said, it's only $20 so I'll eat it if I have to.
Not match dates, but the purchase of the extended warranty is supposed to be within 90 days of the camera purchase. Someone also posted a chat with a Pentax rep saying that purchasing the warranty within a year of purchasing the camera is acceptable. It seems unlikely that you will be having issues with Pentax honoring the warranty as long as you purchased it within a year of when you purchased the camera.
09-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #280
wax
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
mirror flops because of the lenses

My opinion is there is a non compatibility between some lenses and camera electronic. Mirror flops happens to my K-r on these casses:
Pentax 50mm f1.4: never
Pentax 18-55mm kit lens: never
Pentax 35mm f2.4: never
Pentax 135mm f2.5: never
Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3: never
Vivitar 70-210mm f2.8-4.0: usually
Samyang 18-28mm f4-4.5: sometimes
Carl Zeiss 50mm f1.7 contax mount converted to PK: allways

So, on my experience using different kind of lenses, mount material, wrong pin connections, or metering reading, donīt really knows for sure, produce the effect of erratic mirror flops.
09-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #281

Camera just back from CRIS for flopping mirror and dust under LCD. Today shot a couple of shots and looked at them on the display. All I saw was a very faint image as though looking through a glass of milk. Turned the camera off and on again and all was well. Something to worry about?

Wayne
09-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #282

just have my K5 back after 2 week, they just said update technician firmware in my K5....
but what is the technician firmware in K5 ???

Last edited by cslee; 09-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.
09-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #283

My K-5 started doing the "mirror flop" after a month of using it (around 9,000 actuations). Mine was manufactured Feb. 15, 2011. It flopped while it had v.1.01 firmware. Recently installed the latest firmware and it still flops. Shall I avail of the service warranty yet?
09-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #284

QuoteOriginally posted by alaricxyz Quote
My K-5 started doing the "mirror flop" after a month of using it (around 9,000 actuations). Mine was manufactured Feb. 15, 2011. It flopped while it had v.1.01 firmware. Recently installed the latest firmware and it still flops. Shall I avail of the service warranty yet?
My opinion, yes. I may be wrong, but I think the guys at CRIS probably do a better job of taking the camera apart and putting it back together than the guys that built it in the Philippines. I have a feeling that our mirror problems were probably due to the final adjustment of the mirror assembly, or other mechanical component that was just out of tolerance. I would send it in and let them work it over. Mine came back as they say, "better than new." I did have one glitch, but it was only a glitch, probably due to me not waiting for the camera to fully "boot up" before I started using it.

Wayne
09-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #285
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by toooldtocare Quote
I have a feeling that our mirror problems were probably due to the final adjustment of the mirror assembly, or other mechanical component...
Hi
Certainly not! It is now fairly well established that the cause of this runaway mirror problem is a faulty mainboard. Insist to have a new mainboard installed.

Greetings