Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 Neck Strap Holders

I've noticed that Pentax has used a different method of attaching a neck strap to the camera than the two slots that were on my old K20. I always thought it would be nice to have something that moved in a circular direction so that the strap wouldn't get so tangled. However now that I see the little pins and triangle holder on the K-5 my impression is more of a cost saving device. More than once I've shaken the camera to see where that rattle is coming from only to remember that the strap mounting things are loose and rattle.

So what do others do with this new system? Do you mount a strap if you previously used one? If you don't use a strap do you remove the triangle things? Alternatively have you managed to just tune out the sound they make and left them there. Oh and what is that little piece of black leather on the triangle for? Is it to stop the rattle?

07-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #2

Yours is the second post I read that mentioned the rattle from the strap loops. Mine has leather flaps that cover both sides of the triangle loop so it doesn't make any sound. So I am wondering if Pentax made a slight design change along the way.
07-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

The leather stops the rattle on mine. At first I didn't like the new style or strap peg positions...but then I realized, stop sweating the small stuff...and now they seem just right!

My old Mr Kitty(RIP)....he hated any change in anything he was familiar with. If I relocated anything in my shop, he peed on it. I was tempted to do that on the strap holders, but realized the K5 would not be affected by the moisture, so just gave up on that idea.

Best Regards!
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
i have no rattle at all using the leather covers - give those a try and you'll be all set.

07-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The leather stops the rattle on mine. At first I didn't like the new style or strap peg positions...but then I realized, stop sweating the small stuff...and now they seem just right!

My old Mr Kitty(RIP)....he hated any change in anything he was familiar with. If I relocated anything in my shop, he peed on it. I was tempted to do that on the strap holders, but realized the K5 would not be affected by the moisture, so just gave up on that idea.

Best Regards!
Okay I won't pee on it either.