Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
It HAS ARRIVED

guess I will not post a bit UPS just delivered my new K-5 and lenses and such!!!

I'm outta here!

07-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
congrats!
07-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #3

Best of LUCK.....you need a lot of that....!!!!
07-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Have fun with the new camera. Please let us know what you think of the K-5 vs your Nikon equipment.

07-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sagiboy Quote
Best of LUCK.....you need a lot of that....!!!!
That would be me for sure.

If I buy one, I just know that my copy -- even if it was brand new and fresh from the latest batch -- will end up having every recorded issue ever reported
07-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote

If I buy one, I just know that my copy -- even if it was brand new and fresh from the latest batch -- will end up having every recorded issue ever reported
Nah, that's usually MY luck. So far, 6000+ shots into the replacement body (first one was from original batch and was stained), not one hint of a problem, and I'm not even knocking wood when I say that. If you don't want to buy one fine, but you'll have to come up with a better excuse than that (such as lack of funds or no particular desire)

crunch01, Welcome to the club!

EsBee, I hope to be welcoming you to the club shortly.

07-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Nah, that's usually MY luck. So far, 6000+ shots into the replacement body (first one was from original batch and was stained), not one hint of a problem, and I'm not even knocking wood when I say that. If you don't want to buy one fine, but you'll have to come up with a better excuse than that (such as lack of funds or no particular desire)

crunch01, Welcome to the club!

EsBee, I hope to be welcoming you to the club shortly.

I agree. I have just come to realize that when you shoot with cameras, there will be problems and Pentax has always taken care of mine in short order. I don't worry about it and if something happens, I doubt I'll post anything about it here, more likely just send the camera in and deal with it for a week or two.
07-22-2011, 04:58 AM   #8
Forum Member

got mine yesterday. my first pentax. now where are those limiteds?

07-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis sends this message to you....."Oh yee of little faith, life is short, don't miss out on the best parts".
He said life is even shorter for those bringing big guns into his woods, but a guy with a new K5 is always welcome.

Have a cold brew or two, relax, and then place your order for a fantastic K5! I might recommend a Light brew.......I think Otis needs to switch to Bud Light himself....less filling, and he is beginning to look a little too "full figured".....you think?

He still looks good at ISO 8,000......Thanks K5!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

Damn! Almost forgot! Congratulations Crunch, and you go out there and have a blast with that new K5, then come back here and post some photos and tell us what you think. If you will send a GEO location, Otis will send out some of your local Squirrels to pose for you.......you don't carry a big gun too, do you?
07-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #10

^^ yeah.. thats my luck too
07-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CEWren Quote
^^ yeah.. thats my luck too

No one needs luck if they have the Otis Guarantee.

Have you noticed something....even those with problems keep hanging in there, getting service, getting an exchange, working around the problem etc? Some go through a lot of hassle to retain their K5, but almost all do it and while complaining, which is perfectly legitimate, they still praise their K5 in almost every way.....excepting their problem area.

It must be a hell of a camera to give that kind of reaction over and over.....and it is....one you are surely missing.
Life is very short....today is gone and you missed the K5 in today's opportunities, but you can change that for tomorrow........or at your earliest opportunity. If you love photography, you don't want to miss this camera, it is not like any Pentax you have ever owned.....Otis Guarantees it.

Best Regards!
07-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
No one needs luck if they have the Otis Guarantee.

Have you noticed something....even those with problems keep hanging in there, getting service, getting an exchange, working around the problem etc? Some go through a lot of hassle to retain their K5, but almost all do it and while complaining, which is perfectly legitimate, they still praise their K5 in almost every way.....excepting their problem area.

It must be a hell of a camera to give that kind of reaction over and over.....and it is....one you are surely missing.
Life is very short....today is gone and you missed the K5 in today's opportunities, but you can change that for tomorrow........or at your earliest opportunity. If you love photography, you don't want to miss this camera, it is not like any Pentax you have ever owned.....Otis Guarantees it.

Best Regards!
Amen to all that!