Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like your buy had good timing - looking at it at Amazon now, the one they are selling is not fulfilled by amazon - only selling one from a 3rd party vendor.

Although the one for sale now is cheaper, I won't buy it unless it is fulfilled by Amazon.

07-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Looks like your buy had good timing - looking at it at Amazon now, the one they are selling is not fulfilled by amazon - only selling one from a 3rd party vendor.

Although the one for sale now is cheaper, I won't buy it unless it is fulfilled by Amazon.
I ordered my K5 on January 21 and had it in a few days as promised. at the time
I was aware of all the issues with the early ones, so I waited until they were out of stock for a while, and then when their system showed that were back in stock, I ordered, surmising that the period they were out of stock in mid january was emptying the pipe line of the bad ones and refilling it with presumably 'fixed ones'.

It worked and I got exactly what I ordered, very quickly --and I bought from amazon and not one of their 'partners'. I in fact got what I expected ---the first
serial number sequence not impacted by the stain issue, but unfortunately have been nailed by the 'mirror flop' --- but find no fault with Amazon over that.
07-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #48
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
wow, your right. I am not that lucky that often! Although I think I got a pretty good deal on my kx, and found a 50mm AF lens at a yard sale for 4$ so maybe my luck with camera's isnt that bad
07-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #49
Forum Member

I try to buy all my electronics gear, including camera equipment, on Amazon. My K5 came from Amazon, I purchased it a little over a month ago. Their return policy is among the most generous around. Whenever something has gone wrong and I've had to make a return, I've felt very grateful that they make it so easy.

07-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, the return policy and ease of shipping is very helpful with Amazon returns. To the OP, just be aware that Amazon is more of a Marketplace these days with lots of 3rd party sellers. Just be sure the item is either directly sold by Amazon or will be fulfilled by Amazon.

Other than that, free shipping and no taxes in most states make it a no brainer.
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #51

Photos: Gallery
i got mine on amazon, shipped and sold by amazon. no problems at all. Last i checked, i think, they have a 14 day return policy on cameras and equipment.
08-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Pricing

Don't know if this has already been posted about new Amazon pricing:

Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR with 3-Inch LCD (Black Body Only)
Buy new: $1,599.95 Click for product details

24 Used & new from $1,039.00

Get it by Monday, Aug 15 if you order in the next 2 hours and choose one-day shipping.

But looked good to me.