Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
I can't wait to join in the fun you guys are having with the K5. I am currently saving for one and I am half way there. I keep checking the prices on Amazon and they have been fluctuating between $1230-$1399. Today, it is going for $1219.99 now. Even better than the July 4th sale and promotion here at PF. Arrrgh, quite tempting but I'll just have to wait until I have the funds. In the mean time, I'll bring by trustee K100D out for photo shoot dates. Just keep sending your images for us to drool and to remind us to keep faith.

07-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #32
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mjkwee Quote
I can't wait to join in the fun you guys are having with the K5. I am currently saving for one and I am half way there. I keep checking the prices on Amazon and they have been fluctuating between $1230-$1399. Today, it is going for $1219.99 now. Even better than the July 4th sale and promotion here at PF. Arrrgh, quite tempting but I'll just have to wait until I have the funds. In the mean time, I'll bring by trustee K100D out for photo shoot dates. Just keep sending your images for us to drool and to remind us to keep faith.
Hang in there, you will get your K5. I have had mine for about three months and got a good deal on it. I haven't paid a dime for it so far, and won't until October...no interest either!

I'm not plugging this place, but if it will help someone get a K5 now, I'm all for it.....
Bill Me Later is great for satisfying an instant itch. You can find it at B&H and I think Adorama too as well as most other places....I think it is a PayPal owned company?

Best Regards!
07-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #33
Inactive Account

This could probably be done with any camera but, the Live View screen on the K5 makes it a pleasure to set up. Focus Stacking. 5 images focused at different points throughout the scene (you can use as many as you want) and then combined in post processing. There's a lot of work done on the above image but the trains are all solidly K5. The only thing that would make this nicer is a flip screen and at this point, is the only thing I could see tempting me to 'upgrade'. See my single in July album for more (linked in the signature).

07-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very nice image Jeff...and no doubt a lot of work, work well done! I have never tried focus stacking......maybe I will give it a try someday. The K5 offers so many interesting options and ideas...it will take a long time before I get bored...if ever?

I've been playing with the in body HDR and although many laugh it off, I see some potential uses for it, all depending on the subject and how it is processed. The auto alignment blew me away....it is pretty good for hand holding.

Best Regards!

07-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Smeggy...you were one of those with early problems, so this carries a lot of weight with those familiar with the early K5 Wars.......I was very vocal too, but there is no doubt I was won over almost instantly by this fine camera after a few shots and a quick check-over. . It is truly my Dream Camera.....come true!

Ron.....Otis wanted you to see this. Imagine what he could do to a man if he can do this to a bear....it isn't a pretty sight, so only the strong stomached should view it. Look closely and watch it all.....damn that Otis is quick! Those Kung-fu lessons I paid for were not a waste, were they!

Animals Being Dicks

Best Regards!

I will shout if something is bad. I will shout if something is great

I got my first K-5 replaced after first waiting to see if the V1.03 would fix the low light AF fault.

My current K-5s work fine. being able to snap decent ISO6400 pics in situations where only flash would do, is marvellous.
07-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I agree with all of the positives, and enjoyed all the great shots posted!

My K5 goes with me everywhere.
I enjoy shooting for my personal enjoyment, and this camera has greatly increased that enjoyment!

I'm retired, my wife still works, and I score points when I take pictures of her flowers and email them to her at work.
Such as this one of her coneflowers:

and day lilies:

Last edited by robtcorl; 07-25-2011 at 11:10 AM.
07-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #37

Rupert, I think you are right about Paypal owning Bill me now. However, I am one that believes in having the cash to make my purchase, my wife too. So no credit purchases for me. I have to practice delayed gratification. Thanks for the encouragement.

BTW, Bob, great way to score points with the wife. I too am retired. Right now I score points by getting my chores done especially if the k5 is my next goal.

Last edited by mjkwee; 07-25-2011 at 10:59 AM.
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #38
Veteran Member

So I ordered the K5 this morning. Thought I should let you know Am excited and nervous at the same time. Found it online for $1133 including delivery to Aus. Thank goodness for tax bonus time!
07-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
See! There is a ton of "Good News" about the K5....in fact most of the K5 news is very positive and enthusiastic. I am truly regretful for those that have problems, and wish for speedy resolutions, it could be you...or me...but obviously it is not most of us by a long shot.

Otis sends his best regards and is currently doing some waiting for another new K5 puchaser....and just wanted to say thanks for all posting here, and all new K5 buyers. He hopes all of you will shoot a few Handsome Squirrels for him in appreciation of his K5 enthusiasm and his Otis Guarantee on the K5....the only camera in the world that has it!

If you are ordering a K5 and don't want to get all nervous and "twitchy" while waiting, Otis reminds that for a small fee....say 50lb of Exotic Nuts...or a truckload of Roasted Peanuts, he will do the waiting for you while you just relax and dream of all those fantastic K5 shots to come. Seems fair enough to me?

Best Regards!

Otis can wait for you too......
[IMG] [/IMG]
07-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #40
Inactive Account

It might have been ok to let Otis wait but his price seems kind of steep for sitting (or laying) around doing Nothing. I know some dream of being paid for doing nothing but are you sure HE wants the price? Or is he holding all your wiring hostage for food ? ().. Sounds suspicious to me.

Welcome to the club, Nicole!

07-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Otis has all the food he can eat already, and yes, it is gourmet stuff. I have to core and slice apples, crack pecans and walnuts, and pop the top on beer cans for him. I think he runs a black market outfit that sells additional feed to Squirrels in other countries and Otis uses the proceeds for his gambling habit over at Sylvia's Place......and whatever else goes on in her House of Worldly Pleasures. Then....there are those Lawyer retainer fees.....Otis can't let those lapse, can he?

You know, Otis does have a "shifty" look at times...ever notice that?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Personally, I wouldn't pay his fees, but for sure don't tell Otis I said that!

Regards!
07-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #42
Pentaxian

This thought came to me today as I spent a little time with a shooter of another brand, and although it had nothing to do with brands, she found her DSLR had taken some fun out of her shooting over her precious cameras.......where I find the K5 has increased my interest and enthusiasm vastly.
Hope that's a joke unless your friend is using some really bad stuff from other brands

What about you...where do you stand?
Com'on, it's completely on individual to maintain their interest and camera is just a gear. All brands produces fantastic cameras and honestly I don't understand the point of this post.

For me, my two k-x are just awesome to maintain my interest and k-5 just does not interest me till Pentax fixes all it issues (which is unlikely before next model).

Last edited by yusuf; 07-25-2011 at 09:09 PM.
07-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Hope that's a joke unless your friend is using some really bad stuff from other brands

Com'on, it's completely on individual to maintain their interest and camera is just a gear. All brands produces fantastic cameras and honestly I don't understand the point of this post.

For me, my two k-x are just awesome to maintain my interest and k-5 just does not interest me till Pentax fixes all it issues (which is unlikely before next model).
Yusuf.....This will be the easiest reply here. Remember when you thought sex was no big deal, girls were silly, and anyhow you had two good hands....remember?

Well, your two Kx's are just fine too......but they are not like the K5, trust me. I never understood the point of girls either....but I do now....you too?

Best Regards!
07-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Yusuf.....This will be the easiest reply here. Remember when you thought sex was no big deal, girls were silly, and anyhow you had two good hands....remember?

Well, your two Kx's are just fine too......but they are not like the K5, trust me. I never understood the point of girls either....but I do now....you too?

Best Regards!
Exactly, and I am sure you heard of AIDS - hands are better sometime

Joke apart, back to facts. Last week I was in Ladakh with my two k-x and someone with k-5. Everything was so great and suddenly his k-5 started showing mirror floping signs, no more fun for him and I had nothing but the great memories with my two hands
07-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

(Only the strong hearted should view this....extreme violence!)
Animals Being Dicks Otis is awesome scary!
I think you ment this video...
Warning : for strong people only !
Otis Bruce Lee is his name.

By the way, my K-5 works well, very well. Thank you for this thread !

Last edited by fs999; 07-26-2011 at 08:47 AM.