Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Forum Member

The 1.11 firmware update finally made it to the US site.

07-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Download

I have downloaded the firmware update from the Canadian, American, Japanese and Pentax Forum website with the same results "update File Is Damaged".
07-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
Forum Member

If you look at the file properties for the file on your hard drive and the copy on the sd card, are they the same size? If no, then something is corrupting it during transfer to the card/camera. If yes, then do you have, or can you download, an MD5 or CRC generator and run it on both files, then verify that the numbers match. If no, then something is corrupting the file during transfer to the card/camera.

Do you have another SD card you can try it with, perhaps it's a faulty card? Do you have a virus scanner? Make sure it's up to date then scan your system. Perhaps a virus is altering the file. If there's no virus, perhaps your virus scanner is causing a problem with the transfer. Disable it while you extract and copy the file to the card the re-enable it.

Just a few ideas.
07-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting, I got a working .bin file on the second download attempt from the Japanese site, the first reported that same error.

07-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Success

I am at work and downloaded the update from the Forum Homepage. Plugged my camera into my computer and moved the .bin file from the download onto my card. Disattached the camera from the computer. Held in the menu button and turned the camera on and it worked like a charm. Don't ask me how or why or what the difference was. As mentioned by Kypainter, maybe there is something on my home computer that altered the bin file. Your guess is as good as mine. I run Mcaphee and have never had problems with viruses etc. Go figure. Anyway, thanks everyone for their help and advice. Could not have done it without you.......