Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member

The CROCFOL foil arrived today, that's 3 days after I ordered, as promised.
Easy to apply and it looks good and fits well, now we shall see how it stands the use in the field...

12-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I ended up purchasing Zagg Invisible Shield for my K-5. The other ones have an adhesive that attaches the protector to the screen, but I didn't want to venture into that as I wanted something that could be removed if needed without having to use a heat gun or any tools that would damage the screen/camera.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins

Zagg doesn't have one specifically for the K-5, but after some research I found that the Nikon D3000 version fits perfectly. Installing was pretty easy, I found a 25% coupon online so I got it for a decent price, worth enough to experiment. Hopefully it performs as advertised.

Last edited by apac; 12-06-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typo
12-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by einstrigger Quote
I like the GGS screen protectors you can get off Amazon. They're a glass adhesive and seem a lot more durable than the film protectors. Plus, they're only $5 or so.

Amazon.com: GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector 3" for Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo
Thanks, got it for $4 and free shipping
12-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

In the past I've had good results with Zagg protectors, have them on my G9 and diving computer. The stuff is used to protect the leading edges of helicopter rotor blades, it is very tough. The only downside, though minor, is the material is not perfectly flat, at least the ones I have are like that. It doesn't bother me, I haven't put anything on my K-5 yet, probably will get a Zagg.

12-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went ahead and purchased the acmaxx protectors for my new K5 after realizing, while prepping it for sale, that there was a small scratch on the LCD of my K-r after only 5 months of use.
12-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by apac Quote
I ended up purchasing Zagg Invisible Shield for my K-5.
Unless they've changed, Zagg used to go yellow after a while and the corners would start to peel off. Attaching them also used to be a pain, a bit of cr*p would always end up somewhere underneath. After a GGS I'd never go back to a Zagg for any display.
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #22

I'm going to be getting this Giottos screen protector soon. It's actually glass, multicoated several times and is said to improve the display's contrast some so you can better see what you are doing, even in daylight.

There is none for any Pentax camera but I read some reviews that this fits well for the K-r and the K-5, if only on the slightly smaller side.
12-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
Pentaxian

ACMAXX are great -- covers both screens, cut to size, actually improves screen visibility and will protect against impacts and not just scratches (it is thick and hard). I'm not aware of any screen protectors that actually use adhesive ON THE SCREEN. ACMAXX uses a bit on the edge on the body itself -- it will do no harm and will come right off if need be. Others have a friction fit that will stay until you peel it off.