Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
External Flash AF assist Beam

Hi.. I did some low light test shots with my K-5 and Metz 48 and only on body assist beam was on.. Neither of times did the flash's beam went on.. Is it a way to make the flash's beam turned on??
Also i should mention that i was focusing at short distance where the body beam was able to lit.. Maybe on longer distances the flash takes action?
Thanks in advance..

08-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can test it by turning off camera body focus assist in the menu and settin the metz 48 to Sb mode. The metz should then emit the red light only, no flash.
08-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It may also not come on if the camera has enough ambient light for it to focus without the flash's spotbeam.
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the info guys.. I m leaving for vacation and actually i didn't had enough time to search it thourough..I suppose if i turn the camera beam off it will work...But i would like it to be enabled automatically because i think it isn't handy everytime i mount or dismount the flash to change the setting of the body af assist..Maybe i ll run some tests and let you know..