Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Lucky Day?

I mounted up the Bigma and went out on the deck this morning to shoot some Handsome Squirrels.....took about 6-8 shots, (the best Squirrel shots I have ever taken! ) and viewed each one on the LCD to ensure they were all perfect, which they were.

Imagine my disappointment in finally getting World Class Squirrel shots, only to find that when I opened the folder with today's date....it was empty!

I backtracked and checked the card properties to find it was full. My K5 never told me it was full, and the shots kept appearing on the LCD one after the other.

So finally, do I have myself a K5 defect? I have been just roaring to jump up and down, scream and yell at the "defective" K5 piece of junk I paid too much money for, and join those that live in pain and misery......can I do it now? Should I send it in.....should I go total insane, instead of my normal half-insane and smash it with a 20lb hammer? Should I throw a party and invite all my C&N friends to view my defect? I just don't know what I should do....this is my first defect, and I am so excited!

Or.....maybe it is the card? Please , no "User Error".......you all know I am a certified expert at this photography thingy......

Any ideas? It is an 8G PNY card, if that matters?

Just sick at heart....or thrilled beyond words....
Rupert
Best Regards!

08-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Just buy a 32 GB SanDisk Pro UHS-I card. This will take some time to fill it. Eventually you have to format it and start all over again.

Just put in my Panasonic 512 MB card. It takes 40 jpg's and when the camera states that the card is full it doesn't take any pictures.

When there is no card in the camera, you can just end the cicle of 100.000 actuations on the shutter without any problem (or data).

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 08-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.
08-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ron...that's it? No party, no cake, no dancing nude girlies for me....no hammer......no prize? Just buy a bigger card?
I thought you were my friend, but obviously, you don't feel my pain?

Regards!
08-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Ron...that's it? No party, no cake, no dancing nude girlies for me....no hammer......no prize? Just buy a bigger card?
I thought you were my friend, but obviously, you don't feel my pain?

Regards!
Well you are my friend, so I give you one of my squirrels

08-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Since I lost those 6-8 fantastic Otis shots......best ever!......Otis is recommending that I jump ship and head to the Dark Side.......he said he would be gone like a bullet if he suffered such a disaster as I have this morning......
[IMG] [/IMG]

But Otis...what about all those nice lenses?
He said they could be reversed, used up in trees to focus the sun's rays by his Army Squirrels and burn the butts off of cats and the old lady next door......

Regards!

BTW- Before we bail out of Pentax, Otis asks if you can send him that Squirrel on the left?
08-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Any ideas?

Just sick at heart....or thrilled beyond words....
Rupert
Best Regards!
Ron,

Maybe if you posted a couple of your problematic pictures, we could help diagnose your problem.

Tim
08-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
Banned

It's a dance performance group: Emio Greco | PC from Amsterdam and this was a perfromance in the Amsterdam Vondelpark Theatre at the summerfestival in 2009.

08-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Ron,

Maybe if you posted a couple of your problematic pictures, we could help diagnose your problem.

Tim

Otis thinks there is too much moire in the shot Ron posted and suggested he try removing the offending fabric causing the problem and re-shoot....posting here ,of course, so we can see if that was the problem?
Regards!

...or, he says it could just be another defective K5......if so, send him those lenses, he is ready for high-tech Raygun assault of anything that moves! He told me the old lady next door will make a great target...with her butt even a blind Squirrel can't miss!
08-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I don't have any dancing girlies or even a new squirrel shot (the black walnut tree is full but they just don't seem interested).. Are you Sure the card is Full?

08-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #10
Banned

Well it was only K20D, so this was about it for Pentax image quality, and at the time people really thought it was good. Things have changed.
08-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well it was only K20D, so this was about it for Pentax image quality, and at the time people really thought it was good. Things have changed.
Otis loved it! Some things never change!
Regards!

Jeff.....They'll be around when the walnuts are fully ripe......the way you can tell is that you wake up one morning and they are all gone!
08-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Jeff.....They'll be around when the walnuts are fully ripe......the way you can tell is that you wake up one morning and they are all gone!
I'm sure they will..

Update: I purposely filled my 8gb Sandisk with older photo files. At completely full, as soon as I turned the camera on it Said "memory card full". I removed a few of the files to make room for a few photos, camera reported space remaining for 2 photos. I took 2 photo, Memory Card Full. At that point, it won't even take another photo.

08-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I'm sure they will..

Update: I purposely filled my 8gb Sandisk with older photo files. At completely full, as soon as I turned the camera on it Said "memory card full". I removed a few of the files to make room for a few photos, camera reported space remaining for 2 photos. I took 2 photo, Memory Card Full. At that point, it won't even take another photo.

Well, that settles it, I have a defective K5, and need to take the appropriate action, whatever that is? Is there a club I can join here where I get updates on defects and maybe some sort of prize if I can find more than anyone else?

Should I send it in...or just wait for it to explode in my hands...Otis assures me that is what is coming next. He can hardly wait to start picking up used K5's off the internet to use them as IED's on Raccoons and Possums that roam through his woods at night.....

This is all new to me, and so exciting! I finally feel like I "belong".....it is a wonderful feeling, I can't describe it, but I do think I just felt a tear roll down my cheek........Nope, not yet...sitting out here on the deck typing....damn Squirrel above me looking down ....it wasn't a tear.

Any guidance for my new status will be appreciated....I can only imagine what some here will advise old Rupert..... Can't say I blame them...I had it coming...so Otis says.....

Best Regards!
08-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #14

i love you guys
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mokey Quote
i love you guys
Insanity has its privilege...and it's fun too! LBS....Life Before Squirrels was so boring and without purpose.....no more! The K5 also brought me new joys too...until the damn thing went defective with my SD card!
Best Regards!