Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #1

Any ideas on this issue ?

Hi all,

Loving my K 5 ! One issue I have had twice. I use bracketing for HDR, 5 images. I also use the 12 sec timer when doing this. The camera beeps for 12 secs and takes the bracketed shots. The issue is i set up for this as normal, instead of 12 seconds then five shots, it beeps and delays each frame for 12 secs one after another.

I have had to reset the camera twice to original settings to get it to behave as it should. Any ideas on this one?

cheers

Phil

08-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Phil.

I tried to get my K-5 to re-create the problem, but several tries with the 12/5 bracket setup all worked exactly as they should. 12 sec delay then 5 shots, one after the other. What other settings were you using?

Wayne
08-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the reply ! I have had my K 5 for 3 weeks and it has done it twice. So lots of brackets in between the times it has happened. The only pain is having to re enter favorite settings etc.

No big drama yet LOL.

cheers

Phil
08-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by philby85 Quote
Hi all,

Loving my K 5 ! One issue I have had twice. I use bracketing for HDR, 5 images. I also use the 12 sec timer when doing this. The camera beeps for 12 secs and takes the bracketed shots. The issue is i set up for this as normal, instead of 12 seconds then five shots, it beeps and delays each frame for 12 secs one after another.

I have had to reset the camera twice to original settings to get it to behave as it should. Any ideas on this one?

cheers

Phil
Isn't there a setting that controls if the bracketing should be done with one press of the shutter button or individual releases for each shoot?

08-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was about to ask the same question as Gimbal. Do you have one press bracketing on or off when this problem occurs? (custom menu item 9). Are you using a remote at the time, or just a press of the shutter button? Why do you need more than a 2 second delay?
08-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Not sure if in-camera corrections of various types are enabled when bracketing. Don't have a K5 so don't know.

Lens correction on? Low light noise reduction?

Worth consideration?