Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Shooting on its Own

My K5 has been acting strange. Sometimes I'll turn it on and the lcd is all fuzzy, today I hooked up a Sigma 530 DG and its taking pictures on its own without me pushing the shutter down. Also finding that some of the photos I'm taking don't register on the preview.
I MIGHT have hooked up the flash and powered it on before turning on the camera. That is the only thing that I can think of. Would that cause these issues?

08-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be you have a "Flopper" https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/144309-k-5-bug-shutter-g...ff-itself.html

Is it only with that lens? More information maybe needed, I have little knowledge in this situation, but there are several threads here that address it quite thoroughly.

Regards!
08-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Only happened today with that flash on it. I use the lens all the time without issue.

I guess what I'm asking is....can a flash that is powered "on" then mounted to a hot shoe, wreak havoc on a camera that has then been turned on"? If I accidentally did that, it might have shorted something???
08-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have done that a lot without consequence, but don't think it is a good idea. It is bound to make contact and maybe not in a good manner.......
Regards!