Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which filters for FA31 & FA77

Just wondering which filters are best for mainly B&W work.....I was thinking of B&W filters with UV MRC,& Nano coating. Any suggestions?

08-17-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I would get the highest-quality UV filter just to protect your lenses and not screw up the picture.

Amazon.com: RainbowImaging Pro 1D super slim 49mm UV (Ultra Violet) Multi Coated Glass Filter, (Glass made in Japan, same class as HOYA Pro 1 series, 3rd Brand): Camera & Photo

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter

I concur - B&W MRC filters seem to outperform Pentax SMC filters. At least with Pentax SMC filters I do catch flare on my lenses occasionally and seemingly not so with B&W MRC filters.
08-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I primarily use Hoya HMC and S-HMC filters. They have good coatings and are decently priced the last time I checked.