Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"What's going on with Pentax?"

...well, from my vantage point, sitting here with my K5 in hand, it looks like they made a hell of a fine camera! Best I have ever used, and such a joy to use, I hate to put it down to pick up my coffee.
Regards!

08-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert

Rupert, Otis is calling. Pick up that K5. there is some serious shooting to be done.......
08-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So which one are you Wheatfield?
It's true though - good reputation travels a fraction of the social distance that bad reputation does.
But I'm a pleased K-5 user myself - only very minor glitches that don't affect function have shown itself once in a while for me throughout my 5+ years using 6 different Pentax dSLR bodies...
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The K5 will be delivered on Thursday from B/H. Coming from the K7 I should be able to move right in. I'll post to let everyone know how it works out. Thanks.

08-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Now that I ordered my K5, I'm realizing that a rather large group of people on other forms are complaining about this mirror flop thing. How wide spread is this. Seems like lately it's always something with Pentax. I'm wondering if I should cancel my order right now?
Look, I am fed up by these kind of postings!
Why are people getting exited about issues they even never encountered in their life?
Tony3d ordered a camera, I can ensure you that's a good one, he didn't received it yet but he's already nagging about issues he has 'heard' about but he never encountered!
Why is Tony3d doing this?

Let's try to consider numbers:
Count the number of K5's that are sold, then count the numbers of messages about the mirror floppings, the stains, the sudden shut downs and other so called issues. Subtract a vast amount of user 'clumsiness', mass hysteria and neurotic naggers , and add a fork for the possible faulty counting.
Analyse and extrapolate this with the same, objective, data from other camera brand's comparable models, price, budget, and company scale, and then we will talk again…
Where are the statisticians?

PS: Don't forget to count the happy users too…
Sorry if I offended somebody, but I had to spit it out...
08-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Yep to that!!

I have had my K5 from almost the date of issue. So avery early model. No stains, no freezes, no slapping, no nothing.Just a very good, top class, quality unit, worth every cent.
And I love it.
Incidently I use it every day.

I, too am a bit sick of the naysayers, who I believe are, in some cases out to find fault, Give it go, and don't listen to the rumours, etc etc. You will love it too!
08-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #22
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Once more......I generally agree with those defending the K5.....is there anyone that thinks I am not a huge K5 Fan? But....let's don't forget those with real problems are also our friends here, and have a little compassion for their circumstances.

It is not all bad to hear of the verified problems reported, after all we do want Ricoh to know that we will be expecting more from them than Hoya has delivered, both in QC and in Customer Service. They read these threads, and if we don't complain about real problems, they might assume we have none...or worse, that we tend to "shoot the messenger".
Regards!

08-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
So which one are you Wheatfield?
It's true though - good reputation travels a fraction of the social distance that bad reputation does.
But I'm a pleased K-5 user myself - only very minor glitches that don't affect function have shown itself once in a while for me throughout my 5+ years using 6 different Pentax dSLR bodies...
I'm a happy user who has always enjoyed a good train wreck.