Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, you now have the right camera....you know what follows. We are never satisfied....a new lens is always needed, even when it isn't. I think I am about to buy a new 85mm F1.4 MF ......I have no need for it really, don't know why I want it, probably won't use it much at all, but think I have to have it. In a few months it will be something else.....always is.

Deputy Dawg is looking great! Otis sends his regards!

Rupert

09-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
Inactive Account

If you're talking about one of the badged Samyang lenses, I think you'll be quite pleased with it. My vivitar version was sharp at all openings but I replaced it with a different 85mm.

Vivitar 85mm f1.4 Test with Pentax K7 - a set on Flickr

Tony3d, The Hound sends his regards to Deputy Dawg..

(taken with one of those limited lenses you'll be lusting after next )

09-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
If you're talking about one of the badged Samyang lenses, I think you'll be quite pleased with it. My vivitar version was sharp at all openings but I replaced it with a different 85mm.

Vivitar 85mm f1.4 Test with Pentax K7 - a set on Flickr

Tony3d, The Hound sends his regards to Deputy Dawg..

(taken with one of those limited lenses you'll be lusting after next )

Hounds are great dogs! How old? I have a mint Super Takumar f1.4 from my dads Spotmatic. Do you think it would be worth getting an adapter for it, and using it as a low light lens? Thing is I hear you can't leave the adapter on the lens.
09-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Hounds are great dogs! How old?
He's 11 years old and still thinks he's 2 That photo was taken with the FA43mm Limited.

QuoteQuote:

I have a mint Super Takumar f1.4 from my dads Spotmatic. Do you think it would be worth getting an adapter for it, and using it as a low light lens? Thing is I hear you can't leave the adapter on the lens.
Most definitely. Get the infinity type adapter that fits into the lens mount flange rather than the one that mounts on top of it. The adapter has a spring on it that locks it in place on the lens mount. To remove it you just have to release that spring (I use a small point ink pen) and it will twist right off. Other than that, you can leave the adapter on the lens, no problem. Some people around here shoot with nothing but takumar type lenses and can better advise you on the use than I can. With an M type lens (k mount no A setting on the aperture) you have to shoot in M mode and use stop down metering. With the Super Tak, you can set the lens to M and use Aperture Priority without stop down metering. I Do suggest getting an actual Pentax adapter though.